Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lung diagnosis

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: lung diagnosis

Lexxie, I just found your messages. I used to post on here and haven't in years but started up. I have had lung mets for 6 1/2 years. I started with abraxane which after just 2 doses I could walk up steps and breathe again. I did abraxane for 6 months but onc stopped it bc it was harsh on me. I can use it again bc it was still working. I then was off chemo for about 11 months and started to become symptomatic so onc put me on vinorelbine (navelbine). I was on this for almost 5 years. It just failed for me. Tumors didn't grow but lymph nodes in chest did. This chemo was very easy for me. No nausea, no hair loss, just a ton of muscle cramps and some heart burn. It also is a very short infusion. I hope it works well for you! Gracie

Highlighted

Hi Lexxie,

I was dx with a pleura effusion nearly three years ago - unfortunately for me because by fierst dx was a lower grade cancer it took them months to find out that the cancer had spread to the pleural. I could hardly breath and was breathless most of the time and in great pain.

The treeamtent plan I recieved was3 fec and 3 taxol which reduce the fluid and let me have a relatively normal life for nearly two years. I had a hormal repressant which was Arimidex for a year which failed after a year then Aromasin hich worked for year.

They then found I had a node growing in my lung and some reaccumalation of fluid. I started Capecitabine last December and was scanned after 3 cycles which showed it had reduced the fluid and the node has start to shrink.

Please don't dispare which I know is easier said then done. They gave me a year to 18 months when I first was dx. I'm still here three years later and very much alive and kicking as hard as I can. I hope your treatment starts soon which will make you feel like something is working.
Wishing you well with your treatment and if I can help you in anyway please let me know.

Take care of yourself Lexxie.
Love
Chris xx

Highlighted

hi,
i can say i really had any syptoms but i did get alot of tickle in my throat but there is alot of it going around, i do actually feel pretty well some fatague starting slightly , i am on my fifth taxol next week plus my second herceptin, mine was stopped the herceptin i mean i missed three last year but i am on heart tablets now and back on herceptin. have you started chemo yet,

Highlighted

Hi and than-you sarahlouise. Lollypop I am terrified. Went through BC nearly two years ago and now this! I have been very sick and brathless for a while now, did this happenen to you? Like you I had to have my \HERCEPTIN STOPPED AT NO 13 DUE TO HEART PROPEMS> How are you finding thigs the second time aroud ? I am due to start Vinorelbile (Namelbline) met week but not sure when i ac go back on herceptin yet. I am finding things very hard to cope with due to this brethlessnes and whessinng and can hardly eat of drink are you the same/ simler? Thank's for listening.
\love and light
\\\\\\\lexxie (Tina)

Highlighted

hi ladies,
hi also have lung mets dx four weeks ago my oringinal dx was sept 2010 with ibc with her2 positive, i started chemo which is taxol four weeks ago plus herceptin my 2nd one is next week i was in herceptin for nearly a year at first dx but the last three were stopped gue to my heart but now its mended itself plus i am on heart tablets.

Highlighted

Hi lexxie,

Just sent you a pm, you can respond to the message by reply.
Hope this helps
sarahlousie xx

Highlighted

thnk-you. nOt sure how to do a Pm to anyone xxxxx

Highlighted

bumping this up for you Lexxie.
x

Highlighted

Hi everyone
Can anyone who has posted about this on another thread please re-post here. I am not very good with this and afraid I may have missed any vital information. Many, many thanks. Any tips on what I should ask my oncologist on Friday about treatment/ my condidtion would be very helpful. xxxxx Love and blessings
Lexxie

Highlighted

Thank-you, everyone. Need all the positivity and info really helps. I guesss whwn I know more I will begine to cope better!?????
LOve and blessings to all xxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Lexxie,
I did post on the other thread, I also have lung mets dx last march I am ER+ and HER2+ so after chemo, surgery (to remove primary) and rads the primary source in my right breast has gone along with lymph nodes and the multiple mets on both lungs are now classed as tiny and stable as of June last year, awaiting appt for next ct scan to find out how the rads treatment went. I am now on herceptin indefinately and tamoxifen since Oct last year, so far feel fine, no symptoms leading a relatively normal life, obviously its very scary but you will find that once you start your treatment and as time goes by you will start to feel better about life, I certainly am in a different place to dx which was exactly a year ago today!

You will feel better with the passing of some time, I was on the same anti-sickness as Laura64 amend and found that one the best one for me certianly whilst going through chemo. The chemo shrank my lungs mets and primary lump went from 6cm to 2mil, chemo really does work and it will work for you, anytime you want a chat please feel free to send me a private message if there is anything I can do to help. Hugs to you
Love and light
sarahlousie xx

Highlighted

Hi Lexxie, I think I have responded to you on another thread, but anyway, it is not all doom and gloom, I am 12 months on from Dx and am almost NED,now, just one tiny met left after treatment and at last Ct scan it was so small it was hard to find and unmeasureable.
I know just how your feeling at the moment as only someone who has been through it can be,I thought my life was over but it's fine , it's not how it used to be yet but I am happy with things at the moment, take every day one at a time.
Sending you a friendly hug
Jean.

Highlighted

Hi
I am in chemo for lung mets taking ondansetron
8mg x 2 per day , I did not get offered these as
Expensive but got from my gp before treatment
Started
Hope helps
Good luck
Love rosie x

Highlighted

Hi lexxie I've also got lung mets are u tn or Hor pos I've been on xeloda se are good can still lead norm life I've also had carboplatin with taxol which shrunk my mets by 75 percent just had scan to see if this lot is working I was dx a yr ago at end of march was so scared didn't think I'll be here now there are a few of us on here with Lung mets which are coping well I was given amend for sickness I'm norm very sick on chemo where are u being treated pm me if u want any more info u will get lots of info on here gd luck kp posting Laura x

Highlighted

Hi Lexxie

Sorry to hear of your new dx, I'm sure others will be along soon to share their exepriences.

Do call the Helpline if you need to discuss things or just talk, they're great listeners. They're on 0808 800 6000 and are open 9-2 today and 9-5 on Weekdays.

I've also posted the link here to our factsheet on Vinorelbine which you might find helpful to read. It can be either downloaded or ordered here:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/vinorelbine-navelbine-bcc165

Best wishes.

Louise
Facilitator

Highlighted

lung diagnosis

Hi all
Yesterday I was diagnoised with cancer in both lungs after two years of treatment for breast cancer. Naturally I am terrified. Any tips on how to get through this , please?
I havent been able to eat or drink much since christmas so oncologist has put me on steroids until strong engough to start chhemo again Can anyone tell me anything about there experiances with VINORELBINE/NAVELBINE which is what I willl be having. aNYTHING ELSE WORKED FOR YOU? Any anti-sickness drugs work better than others, etc? I havent been ofered any other treatmnet is thee anything I should be suggesting. Gooing mad with fear, thank-you xxxx
Lexxie 303