Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lung mets could do with some advice please

5 REPLIES 5
Jo_BCC

Re: lung mets could do with some advice please

Hi Wayne,

Sorry to see that you've not had much response to your question, could I suggest you give the helpline here a ring, they may be able to help. Calls to the helpline are free, open Monday - Friday 9-5 and Saturday 9-2, 0808 800 6000.

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

juliet66

I am sorry Wayne that nobody has responded to this. There are people out there but I suspect a lot of people do the same as me......
I just click on 'latest posts' and read the first few pages.
Posts like yours can be easily missed.

Here's hoping. Will also keep bumping it up for a while.

Julie

camcintyre5

hi wayne, im not sure but it may be an initial inflamatory action the body is having to having the glue inserted and may settle down. i would however encourage you to call your breast care nurse and talk over your concerns as she is there for you as well. take care

wayne1965

anyone?

Daisy_do

bump

wayne1965

lung mets could do with some advice please

hiya ladies
just trying too get some paciffic info really, my maryanne before chemo started, her lung was being drained every 5-6 days i think 3 times in all ,and there was a cough and like a rasping noise she said when breathing and a shortage of breath, anyway mid september started taking xeloda and since then coughing has stopped, the rasping noise have stopped (not that i could hear it)! always short of breath well when it came too exserting yourself and 3 1/2 months down the line i.e. last thursday had another lung drain i think you call it plearal eefusion and then they glued it, so the fluids took that long too build again rather than days but the onc says xeloda is a slower working chemo!! but the thing is she seems worse now i.e. short of breath since it was glued so please called any ladies that have had this done please comment on the after effects of gluing , do it get better? stay the same? is this as good as it gets? sorry too be a pain just a little worried oh by the way when they put the glue in maryanne was in real pain is this the norm? thankyou so much for your time,
love hugss and wishes too each and everyone,
wayner each day passed is one closer too a cure