lymph swelling over ribs following bilateral mastectomy

Following a bilateral mastectomy in July I have got fluid over my ribs on the left hand side. Following surgery there was a seroma which had tracked down but was never drained. Now ultrasound shows fluid in the tissues. My chest feels like a cooper’s barrel tight steel bands. Has anybody else had this and how was it treated? It really is limiting my mobility and I don’ t want to make it worse by doing too much. It also causes pain at the tip of the ribs where the swelling is pulling on the bones I suppose.
The annoying thing is this was the side that had sampling not clearance.

post deleted

Thank you so so much Norberte I don’t feel so isolated knowing It’s not just me. You are right when I breathe out totally it loosens it. Less iron bar round barrel.
I will try and get a referral to a lymphoedema
service ASP . The only problem being I have just had my third FEC chemo and have still got the T to go. I wonder how many other ladies are out there waiting to see if the “post operative” swelling will resolve? I was so pleased with my decision to have the bilateral rather than one size 40e. Would you recommend lots or little exercise? Perhaps a physio can loosen the “band” somehow.
Sorry to have been such an old moan. You really have helped to cheer me up. Perhaps we are allowed one or two poo days. The Hickman doesn’t help.
If ever we meet I owe you a big drink!

post deleted

Thank you norberte, I have an appointment for the local lymphoedema clinic in two weeks. I am despirate to know what I can and cannot do re exercise. I contacted the Helpline re available practitioners and had a lovely chat and was told to take it easy. However when I do less I get a sticky feeling when stretching plus discomfort and when I do my exercises the fluid builds up!! . Lets hope the side effects from Taxanes hold off as it will be four days after my first dose! The clinic is held in our local hospice which is offputting for some people. I will find it interesting because I was their first Macmillan Nurse many years ago. Unfortunately, the hospice movement and Macmillan were used to set up services because hospitals did not see lymphoedema as a priority service for developement in the past and the Cancer Plan insisted on each region having a clinic.
I did a post to you earlier today and it hasn’t appeared. This has happened to me before- I don’t know why but they are looking into it for me. I am no "techy"but it might be the slow broadband we country bumpkins have.

Such a shame when the sun is shinning for people in corsets and sleeves but better to have the relief from discomfort than a tan. I am going to go for a walk when my husband gets home. He can pick the blackberries and I will make the Sloe Gin.
Have a super weekend
Cackles

Norbite. Now taped up. Think I will smell by the end of the week . Of to see how much the tape will get wet.
Thank you for all your support.
Gentle Hug
Cackles

post deleted

Thank you do much norberte- you have been a star. I live five miles from Haddenham so will see if I can pick some up as I go through there regularly. It seemed to help yesterday and I think today has been better than normal but I habe driven 90 + miles taking my 85yr old mother to Sainsburys etc. The vibration on country roads exacerbates the swelling and pain.
These forums have been invaluable for hints and virtual friendships. When I was a nurse seeing people with lymphoedema i did not appreciate the pain and discomfort properly. I sure will change when I get back.
Many many thanks
Cackles