lymphs removed

had a masectomy in may, going in for lymph nodes removal in july and then to have chemo as a back-up. Has anybody had lymph nodes removed and if so how long in hospital?

I was out the same day when I had ANC.

Jacqui

My surgeon does ANC as day cases. But I stayed in 1 night. There is another thread like this from a while back if you have a search. Lots of surgeons do it differently. Good luck. Dx

Hi

I had lymph clearance 2 weeks after my mx, when it was found that out of 3 tested 2 were positive. I was in 5 days and still had a drain in for a further few days after that. I didnt find it very painful only slightly and a bit stiff till I got moving. Keep doing your excersises as instructed.

Good luck

Carolyn x

I had a lump and lymph node clearance and was in for 5 days, felt fit enough to come home, but surgeon said no not while drains were in. On day 5 day five they came out and l went home!
Sandra xxx

Hi,

Like Sandra, I was in for 5 days, and came home on day 5 after drains were taken out. I had a bit of a leak so had to have a bag on to collect the fluid over the weekend, but it was removed on the monday as not needed (to be honest - i enjoyed the rest)

Tracey xxxxxxx

Hi yes our surgeons are all so different aren’t they? I had WLE and ANC on a Thurs afternoon and was home the next morning complete with drain. The District Nurses phoned me or came to see me daily and the drain was out on Day 7 as it had been draining a bit too much to come out earlier. Felt fine with this. Jackie x

yes everyone is different I had to stay overnight for Lymph nodes as i had a reaction to the dye… but if I hadn’t would be out same day - My surgeon is keen people get home asap as they recover better at home - I had no drains for lymph nodes either (again my surgeon doesn’t do this) so no problems at all. xx