masectomy over and done with

Well I had my masectomy at 9am yesterday, and lymph node biopsy…the lymph nodes were sent for testing whilst I was in theatre and came back negative so ive got everything crossed that they are still negative after the big patholigy test :-/ I was able to come home last night about 6pm and feel fine…I have a drain in that the district nurse will come and check daily. I was petrified yesterday morning but got through it and just wanted everyone to know that it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Ive a couple of weeks to recover now til u find out my treatment plan :-) 

(((((Hugs))))

Hi - Good to hear you’re recovering well.  I too had a masectomy on Saturday.  (following 2 breast conserving ops).  It’s true - it’s not as bad as you may think.  I actually feel much better in myself now that it’s done. Believe it or not I did ask to have a MX at the beginning, but my consultant didn’t feel that it was necessary.  I had chemo first to shrink the lump - which is exactly what it did.  The results of my first op showed that he hadn’t removed enough margin, so advised that I go back for a second op.  Again, he wasn’t happy with the amount he had removed, therefore, as I am only an ‘A’ cup felt that MX would be the next step as I would have a very deformed breast if he were to remove any more!! 

Put your feet up and rest.   Good luck with your treatment plan. Take care.

Jo xxxx 

Well done little cherubs! Glad all went well, sounds positive for you! 

I’m out too after lumpectomy and feeling surprisingly well! 

Big gentle hug coming your way XxXxx

Thanks for your replies and good to hear your both doing well too!

My district nurse has just been and removed my drain so even better :-) 

Take care

((((Hugs))))

So glad you are feeling so well after mastectomy 4little cherubs.
I am due to have this in a few weeks… can I ask whether you also had reconstruction at the same time… I am in dilemma as to which option to choose!

Glad surgery also went well for everyone else. … its v reassuring…

Good luck on mon Parky x

Hi dillyc
No unfortunately I wasnt able to have reconstruction at the same time due to my treatment after but to be honest im not at all bothered…I may be able to after my treatment but im just so glad to know that the horrible cancer has been cut away :slight_smile: good luck for your op
((((Hugs))))