mastectomy with immediate implant & strattice mesh - pain!!

. Im a little concerned about how I feel at the moment. has anybody had an immediate implants & strattice op. Are yours quite large? I had a mastectomy with an immediate implant with strattice mesh. I have gone supposedly bigger than natural boob but doesnt look it just a different shape to be fair. Im not huge so perhaps a b or c. Im very bruised but its starting to turn into yellowish bruising now. Its just I feel I cant breathe properly. Its soo tight. Feels like a vice on chest. When I sit up straight or stand I can feel it all sort of go to bottom of boob where mesh is & its a strange pain that slightly eases after being upright for a while. Its pretty hard to touch especially at the top. Squidgy at side but no feeling there. Theres bruising under boob. This tightness is awful & its a wk tomorrow since op. Was hoping to feel better at a wk out!! Feel sick & dizzy! Sleeping can only be done on back after arranging myself in a comfortable ish position. Still feel pushing on chest tho. Does this all sound normal or after a week was your tightness etc gone? I see surgeon thursday. Think he could have put too large implant in perhaps so worried this feeling will never ever go :frowning: xx

Hi yes I have and am almost 12 weeks post surgery now. I was totally unprepared for how it would feel, yes very tight, massive bruising, felt like a bowling ball was strapped to my chest. I went for same size so have a 32b, mine is squidgy at the side and I can feel the edge of the implant at the cleavage. I am still in pain and on my 4th lot of antibiotics in case of infection, am now on acupan, ibuprofen, and paracetamol, have also had tramadol. Week 3 was the most painful but then got much better but be warned if you do too much it will swell. It is a strange feeling when you sit up - the muscle moves the implant and that hurts, when the pain eases it will still feel weirdly uncomfortable. Mine was much larger at first due to massive swelling - now it fits perfectly into a b cup. Have had to return to sleeping on back as started to be more painful a week ago, but took at least 4 weeks befor was ok to sleep slightly on side. I think it would be best if they told you how it would feel so tight and heavy so you would know that it was normal and not something going wrong. What is you plan for the other boob ? I am not sure how long it is supposed to hurt for but when I emailed my surgeon this week about the increase in pain and sent her some pics she said that she didn’t think there was anything to worry about but that it was normal to have burning and shooting pains as this was caused by nerve damage during surgery and the nerves trying to regenerate. 1 week is very early days, it could be your pain meds making you sick and dizzy, it’s best to rest as much as you can as you will still be fatigued from the op. I hope you feel better soon

Thank you for your reply. Also thank you for the reassurance too. The pain under boob where the mesh is when I stand & gravity hits is so weird. I was going to have same done to other side but not sure I can do this again!! Been offered a small implant to give a similar shape & size. Not sure of the pain from that?! Im not taking any pain meds. I gave up as nothing worked. Tramadol helped me sleep but for days & made me feel awful. I was told to stop antibiotics after drains out. I did take them an extra day. Perhaps I should carry on taking more as I have plenty just in case xx

Ill try the paracetamol & ibuprofen. Was told to wear a support bra for 24hrs for 2 weeks. I bought a cheap one from asda but it keeps rolling up & hurting under breast so going out today to buy something better that doesn’t roll up. If I just have a small implant in other side no I dont think strattice is required as ill have my own tissue to be able to hold implant. I have a dent too but its at the side close to under arm. Not seen surgeon yet, I go thursday so see what he says x