cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menopause symptoms

11 REPLIES 11
alissafernandes

Re: menopause symptoms

I had such terrible night sweats that I wasn’t getting any sleep. Progesteril helped eliminate the night sweats and helped me get a good night’s sleep. It has made a huge difference in my quality of life. I am so happy with this product. I know I will make it through menopause without all of the horrible symptoms
alissafernandes

I had such terrible night sweats that I wasn’t getting any sleep. Progesteril helped eliminate the night sweats and helped me get a good night’s sleep. It has made a huge difference in my quality of life. I am so happy with this product. I know I will make it through menopause without all of the horrible symptoms

Twizzle3

Seems like we are all in the same boat literally. I was taking HRT then in April was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer, stopped taking HRT and almost immediately the flushes were back. Now on Tomoxifen and yes water flushes says it all. My new best friend is my fan which stays on all night along with a chillow! I've been prescribed Colonidine and have just up the dose to 3 tablets twice a day as its made no difference as yet.
ive coped with the diagnoses and the op and the radiotherapy but the flushes are really beginning to get me down 😞
sarahlousie

I have been on Tamoxifen since Sept 2011 and have experienced the full range of side effects. Chemo threw me into early menopause (aged 43 at dx) in fact I haven't had a period since my first chemo back in March 2011. The hot flushes and sweats still plague me and seem to be exasperated by the latest heatwave. I sleep with my new best friend an oscilating fan this is a god send kept on low all night keeps you cool and I tend to sleep right through. Other menopausal symptoms include massive weight gain (tamoxifen induced) a tire around my middle has pushed me from a pre cancer size 8 to a staggering size 18 in a little over a year, my onc has told me it is to do with the Tamoxifen (please remember we are all different and you might not suffer the same SE as me) I did try Clonidine and this worked for a while but eventually stopped working for me. I am presently having blood test to determine my menopausal status as if I am through the menopause I wil be able to try out a number of different drugs. My top tips for menopausal symptoms are: Avoid caffeine and alcohol and sugary foods, buy an oscilating fan and a hand held one for your hand bag, be careful what herbal remedies you take as this can affect Tamoxifen's effectiveness, occasionally I have a cup of fresh sage tea but again be careful with anything that might interfere with Tamoxifen, I keep a peice of slate next to my bed its always cool and I place it on my wrists as I was told by my mother in law this could help and it does, you could try taking your Tamoxifen at night (I also do this) and you can always split the tablet and take half in the morning and half at night other ladies have said this can be effective. Good luck with everything. xxx
LibranLady

Hi
At 56yrs I was on HRT (for menopausal symptoms) and diagnosed on 26/1/12 with Grade 3 invasive adenocarcinoma on left breast. I immediately stopped the HRT, started Anastrozole on 1/4/12, had a Lumpectomy and finished Rads in June. Exactly one month after starting the Anastrozole I developed menopausal symptoms and changed to Tamoxifen on 12/10/12 hoping the symptoms would be better.
Nine months later and despite being given Venlafaxine to help cope with the symptoms I am still the same - I have cut out caffeine completely, still have the night sweats but my hot flushes I have renamed water flushes. My face flushes then starts dripping any time any place. I've given up wearing makeup.
I have tried regular Acupuncture, but this does not seem to have worked for me. I am going to try an Eastern healing art called EFT (Tapping), but honestly cannot offer any tried & trusted solution other than stick to wearing layered loose cottons in all seasons.
Thanks to Tolliebelle for the name Clonodine, I am going to query this with my onc.
LL

Dorsetgirl

Sorry, didn't xplain that very well. I mean we're the menopausal symptoms easier to cope with after the Opherectomy? Thanks.

Dorsetgirl

Hi TSR,
Im in similar situation to you, am 46, diagnosed last year and have been offered Oopherectomy to get me off the Zoladex. How was the op, would you say it was a good thing for you? I think it's the way I want to go as I've been told I would need Zoladex for a further 5 years as I was strongly ER and obviously pre menopausal. SE of Zoladex has been awful, would you say the sweats were less after the op?

tired1

I started having hot flushes/night sweats after starting chemo but they have got much worse since starting tamoxifen. I have been having acupuncture which has been very succesful in often eliminating or reducing them. I'm 47 and pre-menopausal. I've also found that now my arms sweat - weird!

TSR

Hi Shadders,
I'm 42, and finished my rads this time last year. I'm ER+, and went on tamoxifen, but also Zoladex for 6 months, before having my ovaries removed earlier this year. The Zoladex injections shut your ovaries down completely, and my Onc wanted to see how I felt, before a more permanent solution.

I've been very lucky with SE's so far, I just find it more difficult to regulate my temperature than I did pre-menopause! For me, the worst of the hot flushes disappeared within about six months. There are many women on here who have been prescribed mild antidepressants to help with SE's though- to greater or lesser success. I can't remember which thread it was, and I still can't navigate round this new site, but it was fairly recent. I also found a 'Chillow' very helpful at night,
Best of luck x

Tolliebelle

Hi I started with menopause after chemo and my GP has put me on clonodine for the symptoms. They have cut down the hot flushes although not got rid of them completely but at least I can sleep through most nights!!!
Go and see your Gp he/she will be able to give you something to help there are some ladies on here who are on different tablets to me so there are a lot to try.
Jill
vercors

Bump

shadders

menopause symptoms

Hi all, I finished chemotherapy about 6 weeks ago and I'm now having radiotherapy. I am due to start on tamoxifen soon. I have been getting menopausal symptoms and obviosly am not going to go for HRT. Did anyone else have the symptoms after chemo and what did you use to ease the symtoms, thanks. I'm 43.