message for DilysP & Pauline

message for DilysP & Pauline

message for DilysP & Pauline Hi Ladies

I hope that you are all ok and everything went ok at the onc for you Dilys, my blood test took just 2 attempts this morning that is a vast improvement on last time…

Felt a bit groggy so have taken one of my ondanestron tabs to try to ease the queasyness, seems to have helped a bit…

I see we are now the musketeers, ive got the giggles again…that was nice of Dahlia to take the time to post that information for us and the host as well…

I started a new post as that other one was getting a bit long, it will be so much better when that private messaging thing comes in we wont have to clog up the airwaves then…

love as always
Lucy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Dear Lucy and Dilys

Glad your blood test wasn’t too bad today Lucy.

I laughed too at the musketeers!! Can I be Dartagnon please??!!!

Hope you are okay Dilys.

I went to the dentist and for the first time ever got quite nervous at the injection stage. Normally I don’t mind, it must be the after effects of all those needles lately. Goodness knows what I will be like in a few months time!!!

Dilys, I forgot you were having the implant reconstruction, so is it just flat now until they start inflating? Sorry to be so ignorant.

You probably won’t hear from me whilst I am in Weymouth as we are staying on a caravan site and unless I find an internet cafe I won’t be in contact, so please do not worry. We go Monday and are back Friday so its not that long, but lovely just to have a break.

Hope to hear from you soon.

lots of love
Pauline
xxxxxx

Hi Pauline & Dilys

Isnt Dartagnon the good looking one sneaky Pauline…

I might not be on here for a few days either I am sorry about that in advance, that’s if chemo makes me ill…

I hate needles now too,

Enjoy your holiday Pauline…

Love
Lucy
xxxxxx

Hallo both! Dear Pauline and Lucy

Well they are throwing the book at me as I am so young and healthy! Which is good in a way. Six cycles starting as soon as possible after a bone scan, heart and liver check. Lovely! I am ok. Think I have got to the acceptance stage now. Must go to the dentist and get a filling put back in, and work out which mouth washes are non-alcoholic! Lucy my love - you know all this! Think it might be better by Christmas for me. Oh and then radiotherapy which sounds like a walk in the park (I hope).

I wish you both all the best. You are brilliant being there. I feel I know you already. I met a woman who was in for a mastectomy at the same time as me today and we were like old friends! Some good comes out of all this rubbish.

Lots and lots of love and strength

Dilys

Hi Dilys & Pauline

I hope you ladies are ok…I have had to go to the GP today not sure if I will be having my chemo tomorrow as I have a temp at the moment of 37.3 and feel like I am getting what I term as a sinus head he has given me antibiotics and I have spoken to my onc’s registrar & she said to go in the morning if I am well enough and they will decide then if I am to have chemo…I dont want to pospone it as I just want to get it over and done with… I also have to hjave blood tests to see if I am diabetic as I am so thirsty…

Lucky old you Dilys, I just got the chemo, when I asked about other things like scans I got short shrift really and was told it wasnt nescesary…Hum that is debatable…

try cordosyl that is what I use, but make sure you read the instructions or I was told by the chemo nurse good old salt water is just as good YUK!!!

I hope we will all be nearly over the treatment by or just after christmas they dont hang around with the chemo, i think there is a time span

I am glad you are both there too

Love
LUcy
XXXX

Dearest Lucy

I am so sorry to hear you are not well and do so hope you get your Chemo tomorrow. - what a terrible think to be wishing, but as you say better to get on with it.

I also hope the blood tests are negative for diabetus you just don’t need anything else at the moment.

Isn’t it strange how different areas do things so differently, I have already had bone scans and liver checks and as you know am just waiting for the heart scan.

We have been checking out our route for the hospital its about 17 miles away and of course my appointment is for 10.10 which means we will be travelling during the rush hour. We thought we would do a “dummy” run, but as I said to my husband give it a few weeks and we will know the journey like the back of our hands.

I too have been hoping to be almost finished my treatment by Christmas.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow Lucy and Dilys I hope everything is okay with you.

lots of love and hugs

Pauline

xxxxx

Hi Lucy Dearest Lucy

Hope you are going to be ok for tomorrow my love. I am so paranoid I bought one of those forehead thermometers today when I have a perfectly good ordinary mouth one! Thanks for the mouthwash tip - will have a look for that tomorrow. You can see what a pain I am going to be! Haven’t even started yet. I was reading all the information they gave me yesterday about chemo and they tend to make it sound as if everything can be controlled, when I know from you that isn’t true.

Tell you the truth I have been a bit down today, which is not like me. Despite getting drained on Monday the wound site is again all puffy under my arm and now over the top of the non-breast. Not sure if this is normal but it sure is uncomfortable. I snapped at my husband just now for his suggestion that we turn up at the hospital tomorrow, when we need to be here as an engineer is coming to look at our non-working landline phone, and DHL should (ho ho) be re-delivering a parcel. Silly things that wouldn’t normally get to me at all. And if one more person tells me that all this is going to make me a stronger person I am going to smack them in the mouth!

Sorry to whinge, but I feel better for getting that off my lop sided chest! And it will be ok again in the morning I am sure. You have worse to face and remember that Pauline and I will be with you in spirit.

Lots and lots of love and sorry to bang on

Dilys

Hallo again Pauilne Dear Pauline

In my selfishness I missed your post! Sorry! Yes different areas are odd aren’t they? Mine won’t go ahead without all these checks. It must be routine here. I remember Peter in the scan bit when he did the nuclear injection thing saying he would be sure to see me again for a bone scan, bless him.

The implant remains a mystery to me. The breast nurse on Monday said they would probably leave it until after chemo. But the surgeon who did the operation said that they would probably start inflating it as soon as the wound was ok. So who knows? I will ask again on Monday when I see them again. I am for starting asap to get all the discomfort over at once! I had to giggle today though. They tell you about recontructed nipples, or dinky stick on ones. Yet I found myself in Tchibo’s today staring at sparkly nipple covers!

So sorry you have so far to go for your treatment - seems to add to it all somehow. I count myself lucky being just a 10-15 minute drive from our hospital. There is even a handy bus that goes right into the grounds which we use when we don’t feel like driving there. I have to say that the hospital is great and much though I don’t want all this I am grateful really. I did (ask as I am sure you did) what the odds were if you refused chemo. If it helps it apparently lessens my chances of recurrence by 50+% so it has to be worth a go.

Much love and enjoy Weymouth. I am planning to go to Bognor one weekend before the chemo kicks in to see my brother and family again, so will probably pass not a million mles from you.

Dilys

Dilys / Pauline I have posted seperately Dear Dilys

I hope I am going to be ok for tomorrow too I just want the damn thing over and done with, I said to mum I am sick with the chemo anyway I cant see a problem…

I know what you mean about paranoid I have the digital thermometre in my mouth all the time after chemo for about 3 day’s I checked my temp and it had gone upto 37.5 at one stage today and at the GP it said 37.3 I feel a bit better since taking 1 of the antibiotics, I will take another later on but none in the morning as my chemo is at 9am my GP said, OH THAT’S JUST GREAT when he asked what time it was…

You only have to look at all the posts on here Dilys that ask the same questions time and time again about sickness etc…some are lucky some are not…I certainly havnt been and this is the last thing I expected…

oh the seroma or what ever it is yes those are a pain I still have a bit of sloshing in my back, you will have to have it drained a few times, I still have a bit of puff under my arm too but they say it should drain into the body naturally eventually once you start chemo they dont drain as the risk of introducing needles causes infection I find that a joke when all you get is needles for chemo or blood tests etc.

I never did understand how it was suposed to make you stronger, I wish someone would explain it to me, I don’t mind when people say be positive but yes you are right about smacking them in the mouth…I sometimes think when they say it well would you be able to go through what I have been through…

yes I know that you and pauline will be there for me and I am grateful that I have you both

let you know tomorrow if I have had chemo If you dont hear from me you will know that I have…

Love lucy
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Pauline

Yes what a thing to wish for you know they say be careful for what you wish for…

Me too I don’t want diabetes it seems like one thing after another…

I didnt get any scans I guess we are more cash strapped I klnow they were trying to close the hospital where I go they have already closed the A&E there that is probably why…

I am sorry that your hospital s so far away after chemo all you want to do is get home it makes you feel a bit vunerable, I don’t know why, or it does me…mine like Dilys is about 10-15 mins by car…I will be glad never to see the place again

yes treatment for me should be finished by Sept hopefully…like I say it is about 4.5 months for the chmo and then appox 1 month off then maybe at a push 5 weeks rads…

oh well going to bed now I know its early but I want to rest before tomorrow

Love
Lucy
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good luck Lucy darling Dearest Lucy

Good luck for tomorrow and try to sleep well. With you in spirit.

Lots of love

Dilys

xxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies

You are such both lovely kind Ladies and I thank you very much for your continued support, I am going to try to push today for the chemo, it makes me feel ill anyway so what the hell…I dont feel any different to I normally do on a chemo day ,butterflies in the stomache and all that,infact I think I feel better than when I had my last one…

talk to you soon

have a lovely holiday Pauline just incase I cant get back on here and keep your chin up Dilys I will be thinking of you both…I will be back as soon as I can hopefully I wont be ill this time

Love & Hugs
Lucy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Lucy Dearest Lucy

Thinking of you so much today, and hope you manage to get through it my love.

More when you are back

Hugs

Dilys

Dear Dilys & Pauline

Well I had it I was quite insistant that I wanted it I just want it over and that means everything to me…

They have given me some supa doopa sick med that is very expensive apparently so hope it works, if it doesnt he said that they wont give me number 6 chemo, so I hope I am ok…as it would be daft to get so far but not finish…

I had to go back to my GP now and he took the blood test with that little machine for diabetes and said it is quite high but nothing to worry about at this stage he said he thinks it is a trait of the chemo and that it will right itself once its over, I damn well hope so as that is the last thing i need injecting myself…does it ever end???

I hope you 2 ladies are ok today I am hoping to have a reasonably normal weekend this weekend with these supa meds…but going for a lie down now so tired

lots of love as always
Lucy
XXXX

Dearest Dilys and Lucy

I don’t get on here for a day, and I find you two have filled up another posting area!!!

First of all I am glad you got your Chemo Lucy and hope that this new medicine works and you feel much better this time. Only one more to go!! And so glad you got good results about the diabetes test.

How I agree with you Dilys about the impression everything can be controlled on chemo. My oncologist just seemed to mention in passing, oh by the way the side effects can be sickness and hair loss!! Surely we are better to know what can happen which is why I am so grateful for this site and particularly your help Lucy.

I think I am going to be bloody minded and decide I will not be a stronger person for this experience!!! I do find myself wanting to scream at people, do you really understand what is going on here!

You mention the puffiness, I must say mine is like that too and I must admit I have tightness under my arm. I am unable to lift my arm over my head. I thought it would be more flexible than this 4 weeks after surgery, but have been told it can go on for months.

Lucy do you know if I should use the swimming pool next week, will put a post on here in a minute but thought you might know?

Dilys, what with you and sparkly nipple covers and me with sparkly red shoes, I think we both are having strange effects!

I do hope you both have a good weekend. Wiill be in touch soon.

lots of love and hugs

Pauline

xxxxxxx

Hi Pauline & Dilys

Ive got the giggles again, yes we are busy little beavers, what are you 2 like, sparkly shoes and nipple covers. where did you say get those nipple covers from I might have to get some for a joke…my breastcare nurse keeps on about getting mine tattood, what fun you could have with that… I could just see my surgeon and my partners face if I turned up in those nipple covers…

there is tightnes under my arm stilll and dont be alarmed if you get like a tight painful cord like thing with nodules on it running anywhere from your arm pit to your wrist it is called cording extremely painful but if you gently massage it and continue with the exercises it will go I have it slightly now in my arm pit I cant bare to touch it as it feels horrrid, I dont seem to have the movement in that arm that I used to have but I am not sure if that is cause by that hiddeous implant it is so heavy hard and cumbersome I cant wait to lose it…

The excercises are tiresome and you dont feel like you are getting any where but it will come eventually, you just have to perservere.

I am looking at 3 weeks of rads to the chest wall apparently as this was discussed this morning in 6 weeks time up in UCLH london…they have said it can give you the trots, scarring on the lung and a whole host of other things but apparently the benefit outweighs the minimal side effects I expect I will get the whole side effects carboodle…

Not sure Pauline bout the swimming if the wound is healed I dont see why not but I know when you have started chemo the answer seems to be no as of infection, check with the bcn or onc. just ring them.

love to you both as always Lucy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hallo Lucy and Pauline Dear Both

Oh Lucy I am so glad you managed it and are back. And Pauline my love you are worrying about all the things I am! I cam move the left arm pretty well but it hurts - well pulls really. I am very sure it needs draining again but I can wait until Monday to get rid of the cushion effect. This is such a pain and compared to you, Lucy, we have hardly started.

Try to have a peaceful weekend. I will be back looking for you both tomorrow. You mean so much. My husband is not an internet person and can’t quite understand what it means to me, but tries very hard and is glad it helps. I so hope I help you two back!

So much love

Dilys

PS Pauline Dearest Pauline and Lucy

Those nipple covers are on sale in Tchibos this week. Such fun!

We are still alive!

Loads of love

Dilys

Dear Both as well Dear Dilys & Pauline

Please don’t worry about things, that will only make your treatment worse, just take each small step as it comes…honestly ladies I have been a worst case scenario to be honest, but then I spoke to my chemo nurse today and she said do you get travel sick or have had morning sickness really really badly, I said yes I have and she said that is probably why I have had such a reaction as it is related apparently…

I said to mum today the only thing that has made this a real misery for me was the sickness, if it hadnt been for that it would have been a doddle as I havnt really had many other side effects really, sickness was my worst nightmare, but hopefully the meds they have given me today are real heavy meds meant for really ill people, that is why they are apparently very expensive, but my onc obviously thought with my sickness that I am eligable for them especially to say that he may discount the last chemo…I said well how will that effect me, he said well it is like reaching the last few stairs but not quite getting there, so I although I hate it and I burst into tears with him today, I really want to have it so keep your fingers crossed for me I never thought I would be saying this…but to come this far then not to reach the top where there could be a chance of reccurance because of it I just have to have it…

my dearest Dilys & Pauline I will make a promise you can get throught it it is hard all of it the op, the implant,the chemo but at the end of the day the hardest part of all would be if we didnt go through with it and give our self a chance, how would our loved ones feel, I m sure they wouldnt want to be marching us down the isle in a coffin, we have been lucky enough to get a second chance and we are all 3 going to get through this together, through the tears the laughter the good and bad times…after all I want to get those nipple covers and I am damn sure I wont be wearing them in my wooden box not right now anyway…

try to stay cheery I know there are times you think what is the point I have been there many a time the better option I have thought and I am ashamed of myself for it was to to curl up and never wake up when I have been really ill but you get though it and put it behind you and move on…cry and scream if you need to I found this really helped I just sat my famaily down warned them that this wasnt going to be easy and said if I scream and cry and say horrible things I really dont mean it it is just the chemo talking as I feel so ill and they and that has helped me get through it along with you 2 wonderful ladies who I cant thank enough,

oh well better go enjoy your weeked live life to the full for now…

Lots of LOve and hugs
Lucy