cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mets in dif organs

2 REPLIES 2
imac55

Re: mets in dif organs

Thanks Belinda. It's all vague still. Doc thinks poss primary lung cancer and either secondary lung or BC in bone. She said she hoped one or other as easier to treat! That wasn't easy to hear. Biopsies presume will confirm. 3 more weeks wait, horrendous
belinda

Re: mets in dif organs

Goodness no wonder you are fed up imac, perfectly understandable. So you have breast cancer Mets and primary lung cancer? If your BC mets are er+ you may be started on hormonal treatments alongside a chemo for the lung cancer but, I think there are some chemotherapies that are suitable for both lung cancer and breast cancer, possibly Paclitaxel and Gem Carbo being a couple of them. A few years ago I had a very short time of wondering whether I had both breast and ovarian cancer which turned out to be breast cancer mets. Good Luck, I hope you get some answers and a treatment plan soon and enjoy that holiday. X
imac55

mets in dif organs

Hi folks,

Well this is a journey I had hoped not to be making. After several weeks of tests, with still more to come, I now have a firmish diagnosis of lung cancer/BC mets and lung/ BC mets in pelvis bone. I need 2 more biopsies and the results of a brain ct scan.

My question is this: If I def end up with a diagnosis of different cancers in different places, what sort of treatments can I expect, i.e., is it possible to be given 2 types of chemo?

Been offered the biopsies during the week I'm away on a family holiday (booked mths ago), just in Wales, but in the circumstances, and the fact I may not be well enough to do it next yr, I've asked for a different date. Don't think they were too happy with this, but surely they wouldn't expect me to cancel?

So fed up.