mirena coil and tamoxifen

Has anyone had a mirena coil fitted to protect the womb lining when on tamoxifen?I have been taking it for 3years and am 53.I have had heavy bleeding a year after the last bad bleed.I had an ultrasound and pipelle biopsy on Friday and need a hysteroscopy in 2weeks.the gynae  doctor mentioned the option of fitting one but what I have read it says not with breast cancer.I am now confused over what to do!thanks didi 

Hello didi62
I am interested in this too as have been advised by 2 oncologists to replace my copper coil for a mirena coil. I was given the same reason-to protect the womb lining. One oncologist said that the progesterone was protective for oestrogen receptive breast cancer and that research backed this up. Apparently the hormone is only released locally. However, like you I have looked this up and information on the internet states that you should not have this coil fitted if you have had breast cancer!
I am very interested to hear what other women have been advised also, as at the moment I do not know what to do about this.
Thanks

Can I ask what has happened as I am in a similar situation