Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

miserable cow that I am!

10 REPLIES 10
funnyface
Community Champion

Re: miserable cow that I am!

Oh, We all can have our moments. That is why I kicked myself in the rear and started the self help changes. I was weak from the meds, my knees hurt from the meds and arthritis, I was drastically overweight and even with my weight loss I still am. My activities a were getting more limited. I knew I needed to exercise to get stronger or at least keep what I had. I needed to lose weight so I can eventually have my knees replaced or hopefully take pressure off them. I knew all of this would also me enjoy getting out to do more things. All of these changes have really helped my spirits. I still have plenty of bad days. This is not an easy journey and then you throw in the other rotten things life brings one can go off the deep end. We all have to find our own ways through this with help of our friends. Life does have plenty of wonderful things to offer too. We just have to sort it out!! It can be tiring. FF

KarenMc20

Hi all. Just joining in to send some virtual hugs. I'm a bit fed up today so now feel a bit self-indulgent reading about others feeling low too! Keeping our throughts and emotions under control through this process is one of the hardest things. My husband has been getting snapped at a bit this past week!
Take care all xx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Treezey

Flipping heck mrs.  you are blooming active and I thought I was doing well playing bowls three times a week 🙂 🙂

Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening.

Helena 🙂 xxxx

Treeze

Thank you both.I am active..I'm back working and do 20 hours a week, 12 of which is cleaning and I walk and exercise and eat loads of fruit and fish.I'm on my feet and up and down stairs all morning at work as well as walking to and from work as I don't drive.Just an underlying sadness.
funnyface
Community Champion

Very well said Ladybowler! 

Freeze, I'm sorry life is barrel of rotten apples right now. My advice would be while your in bed open a window and each day toss out one of those rotten apples. Start a new barrel and add a new fresh one every day til it's filled and the other is empty! In other words one foot in front if the other and SOKN you will be walking across the floor. Some days you are going to have to be tough on yourself and force yourself to get moving,other days you sill need to be gentle. Last summer I started some self help for losing weight, being healthier and happier. Maybe my plan would helo you. Each week I write down a change I'm going to do and a foot it into my life. Lol if I fail that week I have to repeat til I get it right. I can be a slow learner. I have lost 56 lbs., exercise 2x a day (I couldn't do even one sit up when I started and now can do 50/day), I eat healthier and get out and about more! I hope some if this helps. Mist of all your dad would want you to keep mailing and living! Gentle hugs, a shoulder and a big push!!! FF

ladybowler
Community Champion

Treeze

Oh you will mate I am sure.  We can give each a kick up the bum when we need it!!

Always there for you

Helena xxx

Treeze

Helena that's why I need..a kick up the bum! You're so right..we are still here.I seem to do better when I'm dealing with real crises than when I'm plodding along and thinking is this it now.I'm sure I'll get out of this mindframe soon.x
ladybowler
Community Champion

Treeze

Know what you mean sometimes it just feels like one thing on top of the other and you just want the world to stop, but it will get better my friend.

I am generally ok with things, but I struggled yesterday, it was my birthday and this time last year Colin and I would have gone out for the day and had a nice meal out in the evening, but with his MS he is now housebound, so it was very different.  I felt very sad reflecting on how different life is now, but then I kicked myself up the bum, we are both still here after everything we have been through in this last year, for us it is about making the best of the different life we will have going forward. 

I thank god for this forum that I have the wonderful ladies on here who understand, allow me to vent when I need to and that we can support each other through the good and bad times.

Helena xxx

Treeze

Thank you Ladybowler..I appreciate that.Just seem to got into a bit of a fug.Everything accumulated with dad and aches and pains plus I have two mouth abscesses and lots of expensive dental treatment coming up.Just feel like it's all coming apart at the seams a bit! Xx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Treeze

I am sending you a lovely squidgy hug xxx  Sorry that I can only offer you a virtual shoulder to wail on but it is there anyway, as it is with us all for you mate.  This as you know is a safe lovely place where you can just let go and we will be there to support you

Have you thought about having some bereavement counselling?  It might help to have someone to talk to, it is very early days yet in your grieving for your dad which you are doing whilst recovering from your cancer.  Try and take some comfort in that he is where he wanted to be, with your mum, but he is always there with you in your heart and memories xxx

Helena xxxx

Treeze

miserable cow that I am!

Hi everyone.Was in bed tonight at 8.20 as I'm such a miserable wretch at the moment.I don't want to do anything..am finding that when I'm at home I only want to be in bed-thus the early night otherwise I have to be out walking.I've had two walks today- so glad I'm able to walk for longer now.Long for company but too bloody miserable to cope with it:)Actually what I want is the wail my loss on someone's shoulder but there's no one except my children and mums should be strong for their children, not the other way round.My friends can't help me as they have no personal experience.I just miss my dad so much.I'm so upset that I'd only just finished treatment for my cancers and then he got ill and died..I wanted a happy year of recovery and days out all together.I know we don't get what we want and life isn't fair, also that he was ready to go and be with mum but I still want him here.Four weeks since the funeral and I'm worse than ever, even bursting into tears cleaning my employers bath!Would just like some physical comfort but there's no one for that job.My best friend has terminal cancer so can't burden her.Thanks for allowing the melt down, lovely ladies 🙂 x