mislabelled biopsy

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and really need to vent to peaple who can understand!! So here goes!
I had a lump in my left breast which after mamo ultrasound and bopsiy was diagnosed as a fibroadenoma thankfully last month. They discovered a small area of microcalcification during the assessment on the right breast and i was refered for a steroetactic biospy. My referal was lost in the system and delayed for about 2 weeks but I had the biopsy and was told the samples would be back within a week. After hearing nothing for a week I chased it up as I had no follow up appointment scheduled, the breast care nurse assured me it would be back by friday. This Friday came and still nothing I chased the results but was told they couldnt find anything. I work in a Pathology Lab and realised somehting was a miss as I am aware of how long these things take.
Anyway to cut a very long story short they finally admitted that there was a problem (after much pushing) with the labelling on the sample and that I require a repeat stereotactic biopsy but they were waiting from the consultant to return from holiday this coming monday so that he could tell me himself.
I feel so frustrated has this happened to anyone else on this forum?
Thanks

Hi Mitzyp

It sounds like you’re having a pretty difficult time at the moment. I’m sure some of the other users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator