cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more reconstruction surgery needed.

2 REPLIES 2
luluspice

Re: more reconstruction surgery needed.

Hi Naz, sorry for not replying sooner, been a bit all over the place. Boy you are awesome! You really have been through it! I had my LD 30th September, and it went well, apart from scare when dressing didn't get changed even though I told staff breast was hot n painful and dressing was wet. I ended up with inflammation and was scared graph etc would fail. So far it's ok. Only had LD on left side as implant failed due to capsular contracture....had radiation on that side only. Right now feeling like hell. LD is fine, just the rest of my body is exhausted and sore! Why do all these guidance notes play it down, 6 weeks recovery??? Maybe if you never had chemo & rads to damage your system?? GPs are no use, platitudes of 'well you've been through a lot' Doc speak for I have a clue on cancer treatment effects I think! Next yearbI get the other side implant exchanged for a becker implant, a bit of lipomodelling and hopefully get an end to this hellish journey and be able to move forward!!
NAZ

Re: more reconstruction surgery needed.

Poor you luluspice, I can empathise. My journey began in September 2009 and ended last July 2013. When recon goes well, it is doable, but when you need further procedures etc, blooming headache are the words I would use!
I started off with a tissue expander on left side,, exchange of implant for permanent, uplift on healthy side, failed nipple recon, split skin, infection, implant out, flat for months, LD flap, infection, LD finished, uplift x 3 on healthy side and finally nipple recon and tattoo - I get where you are coming from!
Why are you not having LD on other side? Will PS just remove existing implant and replace?

luluspice

more reconstruction surgery needed.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had same experience as me? I had Bi-later MX  with tissue expanders in Aug 2012. This was after 6 doses of Chemo. The expanders were exchanged Oct 2013, however in Jan this year 2014 my P surgeon said due to the pain and movement of implant plus capsular contraction on the iradiated left side, the implants needed to come out and I needed an LD with implant. This was done 30th Sept. My right breast also needs sorted as it too has moved, but not getting LD on it. It is looking like it will be another couple of years before I will be done with all these operations & procedures. ..In time for my 60th Birthday in Dec 2016 maybe! It has been one he'll of a long journey. Anyone else having these problems...or am I what it says on my diagnosis reports...A complex case! Lol