cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

muscle movement after surgery

3 REPLIES 3
Blessing

Re: muscle movement after surgery

Mine jumped each time I coughed.....I,m asthmatic so this happened rather a lot. My ld flap was done in march and I then had another op in oct to divide the nerves under my arm. The result was immediate and the breast relaxed a lot more and acted more like a normal boob. It also drooped a little more which brought it in line with,my other. The scar is in a cold under my arm but is about 4 inches long. At the same time he sucked some fat from under my arm so it felt less bulky , he recycled this into my boob to round off the flap. Love the result but still mending

LouiseL

Me too! Not just a twitch; I could flex it like a muscle man, and it was quite prominent, sitting much higher than on my other (droopy) boob. I put it down to the fact that I swim a lot, as it seemed to get bigger, not smaller, as time went by. My original surgery was 18mths ago, but I had a "mini-op" before Christmas to divide the LD nerve and it looks much better now - even though it has blown my chances of appearing on BGT! The only downside is that, for now, I can't swim. I have been referred to the physios and they say the muscle had been supporting my rotator cuff but no longer does, so I have exercises to do to build some new support for the shoulder.

RevCat

Hi Nic, there are plenty of us on here with that party trick! I am just short of one year post surgery and my PS when I mentioned about 6m after the op said 'well yes, it will twitch'. I'd have to say it is much less than it was at the start but still does it. Sad to say methinks your surgeon either (a) fibbed or (b) has had less people being open with him/her about this.

Edit: sorry, that sounds rather flippant about what is a serious question. I have a suspicion that mostly it settles down and/or people stop noticing it so much as time goes on. I vaguely recall being told it can take two years for the muscle to "forget" it was part of your back and learn to be a breast replacement.

nic71

muscle movement after surgery

I had mas and recon 5yrs ago ever since I have found i have been able to move the muscle used for the rec .The muscle used came from my back . Whilst it can be a great party piece to be able to make your boob twitch , wondered if anyone else has had this happen. My surgeon had never had it happen before but since has had one other lady who has the same thing. Can this have an adverse effect on the shape of the rec breast or will it just stay as it is?