Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my band if you want to hear me rock

48 REPLIES 48
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: my band if you want to hear me rock

Hi. Reading your postings and watching your band performance on You Tube made me wonder if there are other ladies on this site with musical talent? I play bass in a rock and pop covers band (currently praying that my re-occurrence treatment won't mess up the band diary for 2012 too much) and find music takes my mind off everything else. Perhaps we could get together and have a BCC band! Shout out ladies if there are musicians and singers amongst you x

Twinky68

sarahlousie

OAL, sorry to hear your leaving us, I personally shall miss your witty and knowledgable words of comfort or advice (I have noticed your posts and comments on other threads) as for the drums, just keep on doing what your good at, you dont look your age at all very young looking and I expect the drumming keeps you fit, so keep on keeping on and never stop, good on you, love and light sarahlousie xx

Shelley61

Hi OAL,

Oh... so sorry to see you're going, but totally understand why. So, a big hug for you "Young and Trendy", and keep up with that drumming.

All the very best to you - you've been so caring and helpful to so many people on here.

It's been lovely knowing you OAL!!!

With much love!
Shelley xxx

GIJaneH

Your name was VERY misleading!!!! Rock on OAL! God go with you... Jane

supertrouper

Sorry to see you go - but totally understand.

Good luck with everything - you rock!!

oldandlumpy

thought i would just sneak a peep at this old thread before i finally went

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow, impressive and inspiring. You can't beat a live band that plays good music, go you xxx

oldandlumpy

Bumped for simonwithanne---you should be able to see the links at the begining of this thread, dont know why the profile links work for some and not for others

moser

Just want to add my contribution .... bl***y fantastic!

dancing_girl

Fantastic OaL. Love the music and it's good to see you back doing something you love. You don't look any older than the lads in the band.
Totally unrelated but may help those in the midst of chemo or other treatment. I cycled round Rutland water yesterday (about 23 miles) - much faster than many people younger than me (I'm 59 next week). Three months ago when I tried riding my bike a few weeks after chemo, I couldn't get round the block. I'm also back dancing.
You will get there.

cherryorchard

Thanks for sharing. We need to see more of the drummer and you definitely do not look 65.

Shelley61

Well you don't look 65 at all OAL, n I'm sure everyone will tell you that!

Norberte, I bet you don't really need a paper bag, but if you really insist and can't find one, I have a plentiful supply, so just PM me, hee hee! Hope it doesn't rain on my way to work, else this morning's paper bag of mine will get wet n soggy - Lol!

Love to you both, n everyone else too! xxx

oldandlumpy

the lumpy came from the fact that i had just found a lump in my breast and I suppose thats gone now, but my breast still feels lumpy. And I dont feel old, but i am 65 so thats not an exaduration

Guest user
Not applicable

post deleted

Shelley61

Hiya OAL and everyone else, I've not been on here for a few days, and now when I "tune in to you all on here"... well OAL, u r fantastic, n definitely aren't old and lumpy at all! It's just so great to see you in real life on youtube. Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us. Good on you, n keep rockin girl!!

With much love,
Shelley xxx

PS, BCC please don't remove these links - it's doing us all so much good to see OAL on here. We all give each other so much support on here, and are so grateful to you for facilitating it for us, but it makes the support even more special when we can see a real life forum friend performing on stage.

So BCC, please take a look at OAL'S links, and enjoy them as much as we're doing. 🙂

Slendablenda

Excellent - thank you for sharing.

Guest user
Not applicable

WOW! I really enjoyed that! So inspirational! When are you coming to Ayr in Scotland???????????????????? Long may we all keep rocking!!! J.

Guest user
Not applicable

That was fab , u rock girl:))))

SUZYB

Fab OAL, brought a smile to my face!
And a glam rock chick to boot!
PS I love Take That, no crimes against music there, could it be magic...

Lilac

Thanks for this, OAL. You made my day. And I just can't agree that you've got no talent!

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing - your passion shines through and it is such a talent to be able to make others so happy through your music!

Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant !!! as said before I think you should rename yourself as OAL definately doesn't suit !! I hope BCC do not remove this
Lizz xx

oldandlumpy

gosh what a response-- I only expected a couple of people to have a peak!!

i love drumming, its my passion, I did not start until I was in my 50's,its hard to learn a new skill at that age. I have no natural talent just grim determination to get the hang of it. And i love my band to bits, even if they are almost young enough to be my grandsons. I am so lucky that this lump did not mean I have had to stop.

and i think the disco lights are very forgiving of the odd wrinkle and droopy bit.

Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant - loved it - my sort of music.

Think drummers should be seen more though!!

Linda

chrissy16

Hi

That was Absolutely fabulous. I was singing along with message in a bottle. You are great. Wish I could play the drums even though I am in my 60's. Keep on drumming, it keeps you young.....chris x

Guest user
Not applicable

great stuff OAL, whatta girl 🙂 I definately think u should rename yourself 'young & funky'. Love ur avatar pic btw x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope you don't mind me having a nosey - what a brilliant band and I envy you for having a talent and passion for drumming.
Keep on rocking girl!
Esbee x

ragamuffin

Fantastic Drummer Girl!

Drumming has certainly kept you looking VERY young!!
Are you sure you haven't got the wrong birth certificate??

scottishlass

Loved the first one the best. I hope BCC don't remove it as it is great to see another side of someone you have got to know through the threads. I think you look amazing and the graphics are great. I would hang any of the posters up on my wall with pride. Keep enjoying your life OAL. OAL you definitely are NOT. Love Val

annalou24

Hi OAL

Not been on this site for a year or so, but am now fretting over a cough and lung mets etc... so have sneaked back in.

How cool to see your link to your band!!! My ultimate fantasy, to be in a band. You go girl, keep rocking and don't let &%$£!@* BC stand in your way.

Anna xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

FANTASTIC love it OAL 🙂 way to go 😛
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

FANTASTIC love it OAL 🙂 way to go 😛
xxx

DJ007

Way to go YAF!
Dx

Lemongrove

Ninja, have you heard of leg pulling? O&L's band is great.
Also Beatles are still the top for me - good stuff never dates. It's like saying Mozart or Bach are no good because they are dead. Try comparing the Beatles with dross like Westlife or Take That, and then you'll hear the difference (the latter two should be lined up before a firing squad for offences against music in my opinion).

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi OAL

Watched you on you tube the band sounds great. Pity Im in Scotland or my hubby and I would have come to one of your gigs.

By the way you don't look old and lumpy you look great.

Love Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

YEAH!!! Brilliant! That's brightened up my morning!

X

DaisyGirl

Hi AOL, saw this the first time before it got removed, good to see this has not happened this time!

I think its fab and, yes, you ARE an inspiration (sorry couldn't resist) and need to go into the hall of fame along with Choccie!

Keep on drumming!

DaisyGirl xx

Ninja

"you're not the beatles are you?" - thank goodness for that - Beatles music is 40-50 years old now! Most of it is very, very dated, with a few exceptions.
In my humble opinion

Ninja

OaL - you look so young! Music suits you!

Lemongrove

Well you're not the beatles are you? Still what do I know - my son is in a band, so maybe the constant racket of him practicing guitar has made me deaf or addled my brain.
Quite catchy though.

AnnieK68

Hi Alex - I'm about 10 min walk from the Royal Derby Hospital (well probably 5 to get to the gates but a good 5 mins to get to hospital from there!). I'll try and pm you ! Annie x

Guest user
Not applicable

fab OAL!!! wish i had ur energy! hi to u annie, im in derby too. where abouts? alex x

AnnieK68

OAL - me thinks you have the wrong name for the forums!! It should be YAL!!!

The band is brilliant ... live music is very much a part of mine and OH's friendship/marriage so have got to show it to the OH!! Think that it will give him inspiration that this old, tired bird that he married a couple of months ago, will be back to normal soon!!!

If you ever come up to the Derby/Nottingham let us know!!

RevCat

Wow OAL, you really are YAF aren't you! Great videos. Go girl.

ethlydsyl

wow-that's got my day off to a rocking start-thanx oal-really enjoyed it x

Guest user
Not applicable

FAB OAL, really enjoyed it!

Guest user
Not applicable

OAL, loved the link really enjoyed it, your band rock!!!!!!!!!
T

supertrouper

Hope this doesn't get removed! You rock!

oldandlumpy

my band if you want to hear me rock

administrators-- please dont ban me from this site. just slap my wrist and delete this if you think its inappropriate. i have had a few messages that cannot find the link on my profile and want to see what i do with my life.it must be seen to be inspirational for people carrying on with their life after dx

so here are two links to m band -- there are no contact details, so it is not advertising. but if you decide to delete it, so be it. i dont want to rock the boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8IH4DFPys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh6-82oRnMA&NR=1