Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my mum

7 REPLIES 7
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: my mum

Oh Lyn - thanks for letting us know. I'm so glad that she went for appt. It must be so hard for you, having to be strong for her, especially having had tx yourself. You will get through this, next weds will be here before you know it.
Your mum, and indeed you, is bound to be worried and it is at times like this that we miss those closest to us. But you will both get through this - hopefully it will be good news next week. Fingers crossed for you and your mum. I'm sure she is very grateful for the support you are giving her. Remember to look after yourself too though - don't lose sight of your well being in all this - even if it's just having a chat with someone else, or coming on here and yelling lol.

Take care

love
Margaret x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lyn

So sorry to hear of your worries over your Mum, it must be really horrible.

I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious for her.

Cecelia. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies, ladies. I've just been with my mum to her appointment. The mammo showed up a small lump, which consisted of some fluid, and a little bit of it was hard. They did a core biopsy, and said they would let her know next Wednesday! She won't let on, but she is scared, as am I. She looks so vulnerable, and I don't know what to do or say to her. She keeps saying she wishes my dad was here, as he would know what to do. I know she misses him more than she lets on. Every time I look at her, I want to cry, but I can't. I love her so much, I just can't imagine a time when she's not here. I feel like hiding away at the moment, but I have to go on. I'm just not sure how.

Community Manager

Hi LynB1

It may help for you talk to someone in confidence about your Mum. Have you thought of phoning the BCC helpline? Here you can share your fears and concerns and the staff who are either breast care nurses or trained staff with experience of breast care issues may be able to give you some help and advice.

The number to ring is freephone 0808 800 6000 the lines being open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Sam
Breast Cancer Care

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lyn

Really feel for you hun - can only echo what Trace has said - can you not talk to her, and ask her just to see what they have to say? For both your sakes - she can then make whatever she feels is the right decision based on what they have to say to her. I hope you get through this - please let us know

take care & thinking of you

Margaret x

Guest user
Not applicable

I feel so scared as i've just finished tx myself and i'm scared for her

Guest user
Not applicable

Lyn,

I'm new to the website but i seen your posting and i'm feeling so bad that you have to go through this. Do you have any family members that would be able to talk to your mum? to tell her how important it is for her to got back and get checked, and that she needs to do this not only for herself but for you also.

You will get lots of support hear.

Take care and i'm sending you a hug!

Trace

Guest user
Not applicable

my mum

My mum has been recalled after her yearly mammo, but she won't go. She says she's old and fat, and she'll eventually be with dad who died in 2003. What can I do? I'm crying and feel so helpless.