cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

necrosis after diep flap reconstruction

4 REPLIES 4
jillybee

Re: necrosis after diep flap reconstruction

Would love know the outcome of this.I have developed this,just 2 months post elective bi lateral DIEP.....am OK at the moment ,but the Sgn muttered something about surgery.Just can not face any more operations?Have had 9 in a year
Ed_s_nan

Hi. Have you had surgery to remove the necrosis, as I have been told that is what I need. I am so uncomfortable with it
chrisalex

Hello there - do you mean fat necrosis??

I have fat necrosis after my reconstruction and have posted my comments on the forum.  I have been told the only way to remove it is by surgery - so have you had any luck.  Do let me know.

RevCat

Hi Kerry, sorry your post seems to have been overlooked.  I have no direct experience of this, thoguht have met people who have had to have this done.  Maybe if you post in the 'going through treatment' 'surgery' section someone will be along with some thoughts. 

Mods - is it possible to move this post for Kerry?

Guest user
Not applicable

necrosis after diep flap reconstruction

I had a bilateral mastectomy with diep reconstruction almost 4 months ago and unfortunatly have a fairly large area of necrosis on one side. It has been suggested that a less invasive method of resolution might be vacum aspiration under ultrasound. Has anyone had this procedure with any success?

Thank you