need to share thi story, even though it dont belong here, not even on this site

back in march07 my mum was told she had breast cancer, she became extremley unwell very quickly. i wrote on this site back then and people on here as well as the docs could not understand why.
It turned out it was not BREAST cancer but a rare cancer that she could have got anywhere, but got in her breast.I then didnt write on here no more, as i felt it didnt belongand the treatments are very different.
Her tumor grew and grew, her only option was surgery. which was done(may 07) at the Roral Marsden, it was removed(weighed 6pound). From the day it was removed my mum got her health back, she had radiotherapy to stop it from coming back in Aug 08. Everything was going well, until she went for her 1st check up, they said it had come back in her lungs, not cureable. I dont need to say how we all feel, shocked, angry etc.
I just think that now, may i will be able to write on here now to share experiences and feelings, what do you think?

I am so sorry to hear that your mother was so unwell at the time of her initial dx … I cannot begin to comprehend a 6lb tumour, other than to equate it to my son who was 6lbs at birth.

I am so so sorry to hear that the cancer is back - I hope that they are able to give your Mum some form of treatment to manage the cancer at this stage and give you some time.

I am sure that others will be along to offer some words of wisdom and some further support.

I’m so sorry to learn of your mother’s experience and being so unwell. If it helps you to post your feelings on here, Bridget, I and everyone else will support you . Sharing feelings and experience is so cathartic. All the best.

So sorry to hear about your Mum. She is in good hands at the Royal Marsden.

Hi bridget72

It sounds like you’re having a really tough time and our thoughts and hopes are with you and your family. I can see that you have received valuable support from the other forum members and know that you will continue to do so.

I am sure this feels a lot for you to take on board at the moment and you will be feeling shocked and confused. If you feel that you need more support there are other sources of help. You could call our helpline – often, talking through your feelings can be a help and clarify your feelings, or you may prefer to contact a MacMillan nurse Your Mum’s care team can also put you in contact with a counsellor if you feel more in depth help would be useful in coping with this diagnosis.
You can contact MacMillan Cancer care on 0808 808 2020 our Breast Cancer Care helpline is on 0808 800 6000.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator