needle biopsy

Hi im new on here, had to go back for 2nd screening, an something has been found, and am having core biopsy on 25th, really nervous about it all, x

Hi Jackie, I am sorry to read that you have this worry, I am sure your fellow users will be along with support for you soon and our helpliners are on hand tomorrow 9-5.if you feel it would help to talk your concerns through (Weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2) on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy BCC

Hi Jackie

I just noticed your post and as other forum members haven’t replied yet this is just by way of saying hello and welcome because I didn’t want you to think you were being ignored. (Maybe they are all watching the Coronation Street omnibus or having a barbecue or something!) I do understand how hard the waiting is for you. It is only natural to feel nervous. I had to have a core biopsy too. It wasn’t so bad and it is over very quickly. If there is anything there that needs treating then at least it will not have been overlooked. You have come to the right place. Whatever the outcome you will find lots of help and support from the members of this forum. I was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago, it is such an emotive word and like all the other ladies on here I felt very anxious and worried in the beginning. Although it was a long haul getting through all the treatment during the past year (operation, chemotherapy, radiotherapy) I am so grateful for all the wonderful care that I received. I recently had my first post-treatment mammogram and it was absolutely ‘clear’. Now, I feel well, energetic, in a really positive frame of mind and I am concentrating on picking up the threads of my life once more. xxxx

Hello, Jackie,  I have just read your post and it brought back memories of the terrible anxiety I went through four years ago, when an Invasive DCIS was picked up from the national Screening programme.

I very wrongly thought at the time, that I would attend the recall appointment at my local Breast Care unit, and would go away the same day, knowing exactly what I was dealing with.

How wrong I was!  Tests are staged, step by step, with the results of one test informing what the next step will be.  I would liken it to reading a novel, when the plot is gradually revealed to you. In my case, my recall from the mammogram was at the end of August, and I did not get the complete picture until the beginning of November.

Four years on from a lumpectomy, full lymph node clearance, chemo, rads and then Letrozole daily, which I must continue to take for a total of ten years, I remain, so far, with ‘no evidence of disease’, as the Consultants now like to phrase it.

Waiting for results is like a modern day form of torture, but you do get through it, and come out the other side.

All the best, and do let us know how you get on.