Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

neo tango trial

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted

Re: neo tango trial

Hi Tracey
Hope you are getting on alright do think about you.
Still have not started work properly but have done a few days! Will get going after Christmas.
Been having acupuncture at The Haven and it has helped so much.
My friend has been recently diagnosed and starts chemo next week followed by rads and herceptin.
Love Alison

Hello There

Tracy glad you are getting through the rads, it soon goes and before you know it you are finished.
Just give yourself time and dont worry about your feelings, try to just let them flow. You have had quite a time of it so things will take time to settle, but they will.
Alison x

Hi all, thanks Alison
it is very much a struggle with the arm and shoulder still but its got to be done so just putting up with it.
i hate to admit but i am really struggling generally at the moment.
I hope Shannon is ok if u look in Shannon i send u a hug
3 down 12 to go
love to all
Traceyx

I am sure it went well and you were surprised like me how quick and painless it is. Dont forget to put the cream on
Alison x

Scary....first rad's today!

Good luck with the rads Tracy, you are nearly there now.

Alison x

rad's planning tomorrow
shannon sending u big hug incase u look in
tracey

Very sorry to hear about the shingles, sending a big cyber hug. I have a feeling it wont effect you having rads.
Hope they clear very soon
Alison x

gone down with shingles....had them a lot before but not once since diagnosis....must look at rad's and see if this could be a problem as hope to hear about starting them soon
Tracey

Tracey thats great news really pleased for you. Hope the visit to BCN went well.
Alison x

happy news
its a fluid collection not a lymph node
apparently on a MRI they look the same
phew...
see BCN later today
Tracey
xxxxx

Hi Everyone

Tracy its sounding really good just hold on there because it will all be over soon. My friend had BC 6 years ago and gets an enlarged lymph node from time to time but everything is ok.

You have had a rough time but you are nearly there and it will be worth it I can assure you.

Lots of hugs and love
Alison x

hi all hope u ok shannon
went for physio last weds and got told MRI shows no damage to shoulder.....(movement getting there)......BUT
it did pick up an enlarge lymph node which wasnt on my last CT.
found out they were reviewing my case on thurs so rang fri and told they dont think its suspicious but will have ultrasound to check
tried very hard to block it out over weekend (vodka helps)
ultrasound is tomorrow (tues) at 2:10
also hope to be reassessed for rads soon
it will be ok..it will be ok... it will be ok
Tracey

Hi there everyone

Tracey hope you get the MRI results really soon, please let us know.
Glad the ex is giving you a small break.
Would you be able to get any more help with your son.
Its funny how some people react isnt it. Some friends have hardly contacted me during the last few months and others have been absolutly brilliant.
Glad you got incapacity benefit, welcome to the club!
Shannon do hope you are getting on alright.
Have now finished rads and finally my skin has healed.
Going to start going to the Breast Care Haven, Hereford next week for a boost.
Sending you all a big hug.
Love Alison x

hi
everyone
just giving this thread a bump
i'm totally pi**ed and its half 11 pm
hi to alison and shannon if u out there let us know
been havivng a naff time
had mri on shoulder but waiting rresults and waiting for rad's
bruised and battered from son
life stinks but doing as well as can do
miricle of miricles my ex is having the kids for 4 days this summer hols which is 4 days more than last year
feeling smothered from family who want to know evey movement each day but also out in the cold by somew friends and collegues who dont bother now chemo finished
finally managed to get incapacity
hears to u all.. cheers
shannon let me know plzzzz about what i said about meeting wen u visit your mum
bye 4 now ....hic....
xxTracey

Hello Everyone
Shannon its good to hear that you are ok. and the rads have nearly finished. Tracy sending you a big hug.
I have got one very red boob and the skin has broken in two places. I was given some soothing gel and dressings this morning which are helping.
My throat is very bad where I am having rads to the collarbone its catching. Its difficult to eat and have to eat very runny things, also cool things help like ice cream! I must say it has really got me down. It just seems never ending, although have now finished treatment to collarbone so have been told my throat should begin to feel better by the weekend. I have three boosts to scar area left now.
My legs are beginning to feel a bit less achey after walking but still stiff when I get up!
Glad your hair is coming back Shannon, mine is coming back very thick.
Tracey I do hope they sort your benefits out soon because it is not fair to put you through so much worry.
Hope you can get on with the rads soon then you will feel near the end of treatment.
Can really understand how you are feeling about people saying be positive, grrrr.
I think we are all finding the shock of having breast cancer begins to sink in when the treatment has nearly finished and you realise just what you have been through. I think we need to be gentle with ourselves for a good while.
Hugs to all
Alison x

I have a friend who believes that positive thoughts is the only way to go and negative thoughts breed negativity
i am finding this very hard to cope with
i know i will probably get thru this and the sun will shine again but at the moment it is all rain clpouds
turned down for income support as ex pays mainenance so apparently i have enough to live on.
firday b4 i here about incapacity as doing a ssp check. dla are contacting consultant.
mortgage company don't do mortgage holidays and as dad is named on mortgage they expect him to pay.( £710 a month )
i can afford the mortgage from ex's mainenance and child benefit but then there is the £350 a month utility bills then the petrol and food
brick walls which ever way i turn
my parents are having to pay the bills and car and possibly hand outs of food
i now feel i have no control over my life at all.
the physio wont do anymore work on my arm and shoulder till anny problems is ruled out so am waiting for MRI
then if all is ok i will have daily intensive physio
then the 3 weeks of rads.
all i want to do is keep family together and roof over heads and get back to work
i feel people are saying its my fault arm is way it is and i'm not making the effort
sorry but i feel so sh1t that i cant see light at end of tunnel
i know friend has pulled themselves out of dark place but surely being positive and smiley all time is not possible and doesnt help anyway
how can i say this to them ( work collegue as well as friend)
i don't want to loose this frienship
i dont know where to turn
i cant even get thru each day without the where are u going?what are u doing?where have u been? but cant tell family or friends to give me a break.
i just want to shout "its not bloody fair" but dont want to be told be positive and all will turn out ok

hi guys
extra physio today so will see how that goes.
what a small world!!!
Shannon how about meeting up when you come down?
my ssp has stopped now and so has my working tax credit so that means no more childcare element so the kids have to stop going to childminder.still waiting to hear about income support/incapacity/dla money and starting to panic a bit about the bills!
i start walking ok but after a short while my legs start to feel weak and it looks like i'm tipsy!
most days i cant face a bra and 'falsie'
i see bcn on friday to see if my arm is up to rads yet.
shannon let me know what u think about meeting.
take care all
xxxxxxxxxxx
tracey

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for my long absence. Like you all, also been struggling, but my way of coping is by trying to shut out the 'cancer me' and try to find the 'pre-cancer me' again.... Once I started work I felt like part of the world again, like the previous 6 months have been lived in a fog, or a dream (or more of a nightmare), I stopped coming on the sites, but I have often thought about you and hoped you were doing ok. Also I've been so busy, back to work full-time (from home) but also taking time out each day for rads, and we're still working on the house, still not moved in. It's been tough juggling time and energy (the little I have).
Tracey, I'm so sorry you are having such a rough ride, you really do seem to have been through the mill. I hope things are improving for you, and you have some releif with your shoulder. I'm part of the Bournemouth connection too.... my family moved to Bearcross when I was 15, my parents and brother are still in the area. We're due to come down in July to celebrate parents 50th wedding anniversary.
So, I'm now 23 rad sessions down, only 2 to go. Skin is red/pink, even an area on my back where the rays go right through is a bit pink. As I'm small, I've been going without a bra, it helps stop the rubbing. I've been feeling really tired the last week, and went through a phase of being tired but not sleeping. And mood swings, been very weepy sometimes, and temper on a hair-trigger others.
The stuff that still gets me down is the joint stiffness and aching - glad to hear I'm not the only one - hips, knees and ankles. Alison, I know what you mean, I feel like an old woman when I've been sitting down. I haven't lost any of the weight I put on, and none of my summer clothes fit me, I feel like a blimp. And it looks like I have gone through the menopause, and that's just switched my hormones off. It doesn't matter what we do, I can't get interested physically in my b/f, although he's been understanding about it, I find it very upsetting.
On the upside, my hair is now back enough that I can go without a hat/scarf. I even used a bit of gel on it the other day to try and get a bit of 'texture' to the half inch I have on top. My op scar has healed well, I didn't need any extra draining (I still think that was due to being sent home with drains still in, for nearly a week after the op, allows things to slow down naturally) I didn't even do any exercises as they said it might put stress in the implant. But once I felt able, I was helping b/f at the house and doing painting, so arm was getting stretched, and I have about 98% full movement now. I do feel very lucky that there were no problems.
Tracey, big big hugs to you, I really hope things turn around for you soon, you've come so far, keep going, there isn't much more. And rads isn't so bad, just a pain in the bum having to go to hospital every day. Take up the offer for counselling if you can, anything that might help.
Hugs as well to Alison and Mary, maybe we all need some Cod Liver Oil tablets for our stiff joints! My mum swears by them.
Take care all
Shannon
xxxxxxx

Hi Everyone
Tracey I had a frozen shoulder about three years ago and know what its like. I had physio but what really did the trick was a steroid injection. Sorry to hear you had one as well Mary.
I am up and down like a yo yo! I keep waking up at night feeling a bit depressed and anxious.
I have had 8 rads now and its not too bad. My skin is a bit red and my throat dry as they are treating my collar bone but no real complaints. Hope you can get yours underway soon Tracey as you will feel you are making progress again.
No wonder you are tired with so may appointments.
I am getting fed up with my achey , stiff legs.
Wow you live in Bournemouth My mum is from there and I used to spend so much time in Boscombe.
I would say give the counselling a go as I know how much it has helped me.
Mary sorry to hear about the Herceptin, nothing is simple is it. I believe an over active thyroid can make you feel a bit rotten. Hope you get it sorted soon.
I think we all nedd a group hug.
We are all going to keep going and get through this.
Lots of love Alison x

Hi all. I feel just like you all do. I thought once the main traetment was over I would get energy back and be back at work. Instead I am very tired, ache all over and when i have sat in one place for a while I am really stiff. Am off Herceptin because of a heart problem so have had 2 different heart checks and see a consultant shortly. Blood tests carried out to see why I was so tired showed I have an overactive thyroid. It is yet another problem and more appointments.. I had a frozed shoulder Missus B before all this started and knew rads would be a problem. I had physio, still having is so more appointments, and shiatsu at a cancer support centre. I managed to keep my arm up so I could have the rads. I have also been very down. Sometimes I am grateful for all the treatment and other times find it hard to keep optimistic. I have not had counselling but may look into it. At the moment feel as if I am going backwards not forward. It does help to talk to you all.
Keep in touch
Mary2 X

Hi mary and alison, Shannon where are you?
still no date for rads but i am working thru the arm pain( self punishment ) but my shoulder just wont budge so cant put arm in certain positions. anyone else had this problem?
The sun is shining here in Bournemouth.
one minute i am ok and on a highish mood but then suddenly i am so low it is very worrying.
i just dont know what is right .
my doc says this is all normal and BCN is very worried and wants me to see someone (councellor), been there in past but dunno if it will help.
seeing someone about kids , physio, sons appointments, daughters appointments, docs for jabsin stomach just dunno if i can cope with any more appointments.
sometimes i wonder how the hell i can go back to work at the moment even if i was physically fit cause so many appointments to deal with.
even if i was physically fit am i mentally fit?
has anyone else been feeling vulnerable since all this started? suddenly after the op it hit me.
X

Hi Everyone
Tracy I thought if I can just get to the end of the chemo everything will be great. I think at this time you are suddenly confronted with all the feelings that have been surpressed whilst you were just concentrating on getting through the chemo.
I have been having counselling at the hosp. and find it a great help.
Last week I just got so so angry and was spitting fire almost. I have never been like that before and even hurled something across the room.
I have been having big mood swings sometimes feeling ok and then others very anxious and down.
You mention the physical thing and I find that hard to come to terms with as I was very active. Now I am having alot of trouble with my legs being stiff and achey and feel like an old woman walking. I also get very tired and have no energy. I know my counsellor warned me about this and said it takes quite a while to get your energy back.
I do hope you get your benefits sorted that is something you can do without.
I sometimes look in the mirror and think who is that. I am beginning to come to terms with the fact that things have changed now .
Have you been to see a counsellor at your hosp. because I can honestly say mine has got me through all this.
Although you may not be able to see it at the mo. things will begin to get better. You have been through a rough time so please be kind to yourself.
I have phoned the helpline a couple of times and they are really great and there for you.
Sending you lots of hugs as you have done so well.
If you feel like a good rant just type it here.
Love Alison x

Hi missusB

I just want to reassure you that these feelings are normal, however, you might find it a great help if you give our helpline a call.

If you feel you can call them, you will find that you can in confidence about your fears and concerns and the team on the helpline are happy to talk to you or just be a listening ear if you feel you want to offload.

Breast Cancer Care are here to support you so please use us if it will help.

The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm. The number is free phone 0808 800 6000.

I am sure you will receive plenty of supportive, helpful posts from other users too.

Kind regards

Louise
Facilitator

Hi to everyone
hope u are all muddling along
there is so many ups and downs isnt there with all this.
does anyone every get fed up of the 'stay positive' attitudes and want to have a time out from it all.
having physio on arm, applied for benefits.
each and every day is a struggle physically and mentally.
main stumbling block with benefits is that the ex pays maintenance.
he is looking to move to be nearer girlfriend and get new job!!!
grade 3 but suppose will have to wait for next CT to get more info.
rads delayed due to arm movement.
next see cons beginning june so expect CT b4 then.
everyone says things happen for a reason but struggling to understand that at mo.
somedays i just want to take off and get away from it all.
do u every feel u dont know or like yourself anymore or what is going to get me next?it seems to me whenever i go in the hospital or dr's i just breakdown. cause of this i dont want people coming to appointments with me then i'm told don't shut them out or don't take it out on them as its not their fault. yes i know that but i'm sorry sometimes i just get angry or upset

Hello Everyone
Tracey hope you are picking up, been thinking about you. Shannon hope all is going well.
I had my second dose of rads today and have started Tamoxifen.
Mary sorry to hear you have had a rough time, I would put a post in the targeted therapies section about herceptin. I am sure there will be others who share your experience.
I had my lymph node out in Sept. and I still have numbness in that area. The pain is only just going. It was more painful in fact than the WLE.
Best wishes
Alison x

Tracey - You say you want to avoid incapacity benefit by going back to work as soon as possible. I don't fully understand how it works but I have been on it since January and it made up my salary to what it was. I am now on half pay but still get the benefit. Have had to have an interview but they were very nice and now have to have a medical. I will let you know how i get on. I agree with Alison dont go back to work before yoy are fit enough. People soon forget you were ill and working is hard. I now know why I was so tired. i have just had a muga scan after 4 lots of Herceptin. It has damaged my heart so I am off Herceptin and have to have another Muga scan in 3 weeks time. I am frightened as I was pinning my hopes on this drug. Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice? I had all my lymph nodes out in September but have now healed up. It is still numb around the area and down my arm. Take care everyone.

Mary x

Hi Everyone
Tracey its so good to hear from you. Sounds like you are coming out of a rough time.Sending a cyber hug. I kinow when my lymph nodes were taken out in Sept. it is very painful and my arm took a while to settle. I had two positive nodes.Hope your bruising clears up soon. I still have some left but its getting easier ti sleep on my tummy. Glad they got all your nasty bits out
So glad you got some help over the holidays.
Have you got any news on your rads yet? Shannon are you still going to get them as well? I went for my planning today and tatoos. Mine start next Tuesday and finish at the end of May. They will be treating my breast, under arm and collar bone, I guess you will be the same.
I have been given Tamoxifen to take, have not taken one yet as I am too nervous. I have to take it for a year before going on Arimidex.
Tracy I know its difficult but do not rush back to work. I think I will have to get back by September because of the money.
I know we all have down times but we have come so far and we really have done so well We ought to be really proud of ourselves to have gone through all that chemo etc.
Sending love and hugs
Alison x

hi
sorry its been so long but i'm struggling, i know you all are too
i have been unable to cope with the lack of movemoment in my arm since the op. am waiting for rads, on tamoxifen and injections in tummy to stop ovaries. they drained a load of fluid at clinic then gave me my results.
bear in mind i nearly fainted with the draining . my mum said at one point i told him to p**s off .
they took 14 nodes and 3 were cancerous. there was a main tumor 2x2cm and 3 others so apparently a mastectomy was the right way to go...oh and its a great scar apparently..... to which i replied
"oh well 2 kids, no fella, cancer, cant move my arm much, 1 boob and a great scar....life cant get much better can it?"
I've since had fluid drained twice more and it will need doing probably several more times. it almost seems worthless as the fluid makes it look like i still have 2 boobs!!!!
i still cant wear a bra due to the bruising and swelling plus my arm and armpit is so painful.
social services paid for little one to go to boredum busters for the hols and i managed to secure funding for my daughter to go 3 days too. but now as he is too young for their team to deal with that is the end of their involvement. luckily at the moment all is relatively calm.
i was hoping to get back to work b4 may to avoid incapacity but i really not sure that is possible. apart from wanting my life back i worryy about paying the mortgage
i know this is a long post and am sorry but as i couldnt face it b4 there was so much to say
i guess i know how u are feeling and vice versa.
i'm just fed up......
much love to u all
Tracey xxxx

Hello everyone
Tracey, please let us know how you are doing. Sending you lots of good wishes.
Shannon, so pleased you are feeling so much better, great news. Must be good to start work again. I am going for a walk every day and I must say it helps.Good luck with the house and youe stepson.
Mary glad you finished the rads. I have to go for my planning on Thursday and imagine I will start the next week. Dont be too hard on yourself feeling tired and down. I have been told this can happen when you are near the end of treatment. I have been feeling tired and my legs are very achey. I know it feels like the treatment will go on for ever but you are getiing there. I am on incapacity benefit as well. I know what you mean about going for a medical and am wondering if I will have to go for one before too ong. It really does not seem fair.
We all have to remeber how far we have all come and have done so well.
Sending hugs to all
Alison x

Hi everyone,

Have not been on for a while as I am shattered and quite down without knowing why. Have just finished rads and it went well, just red skin. I did use aloe vera gel, don't know if that made a difference. Will keep using it as I have heard it helps scars to heal. I have had 4 Heceptin infusions. Hate going because of problems with my veins but the actually treatment is okay. I am incredibly tired and just feel as though all of this will go on for ever. Have to have a Muga scan on Tuesday to check my heart. This is standard if you are on Heceptin I have been told. I am on Incapacity benefit and have to go for a medical!!! It was the final straw. Sorry have read this back and I sound as if I am one long moan. It is just not me which makes it worse. Will be more cheerful next time.

Mary xx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for my long absence, we've been so busy with the house, and strangely enough, I really feel I have loads more energy now, so have been helping out. Also started back to work on Tuesday, but only working from home. I made myself a promise to do a short walk every lunchtime to break the day and get some exercise, and have been doing that and enjoying it. I have almost total movement back in my arm, and I'm really pleased with the whole surgery thing.
Tracey, so sorry to hear you've had such a rough time, but take it easy, and I hope the fluid build-up isn't too bad.
Alison, great to hear your news, so pleased for you.
Mary, nice to hear from you, welcome, hope you stay in touch and we can all getb through this together.....

Will post more soon, but have step-son staying this week, and he is keen to get me off the laptop so he can use the x-box! Catch you all soon, take care, love and hugs to all,

Shannon
xxx

Hi Everyone
Just got my results and after all these months finally some good news. The surgeon took away alot of tissue and managed to get all the nasties so I do not need any more surgery and can start rads. I just cannot believe it after all the bad news. I really did not think I could get through all this but like everyone else somehow we do.
Sending best wishes to all. Tracy hope you are ok, please let us know how things are going.
Love Alison xx

Hello Mary welcome to the neo tango club! Glad that you are through the chemo, op and rads. So glad you get no side effects fron herceptin. Getting to the hosp. can be a problem, will your hosp. provide transport, I know sometimes its not worth it with all the waiting around. I would not rush back to work if you still have no energy. I do not think I will try to go back until January. I am sure we expect to feel like we used to once the main treatments are out the way. I was told after chemo and rads it can take a year to get your energy back. Keep in touch with us all.
Best wishes Alison x

Dear all

Hope you don't mind that I have read all your stories. I was also on the neo-tango trial, I started it last July but have only just found this site. I wish I had found it earlier as it would have really helped me. I ended up with a lumpectomy and total lymph node clearance and have just had my last radiotherapy session. I felt awful after the chemo and then the operation (had trouble with fluid) but now feel a lot better and the whole experience is starting to fade. Rads is tiring, I had a lot of travelling to do, but nothing to worry about. I am Herceptin + so have to have 18 infusions over a year. I dread them because I to have a vein problem but once the needle is in it is fine and I have had no side effects. The biggest problem is having to find someone to drive me there as I am not alllowed to drive. We live a long way from the hospital. I am still off work and have no energy at the moment. Don,t know how you cope with children

Hello Tracy and Shannon
Tracy I am so so sorry that you had quite a time of it.I can imagine how you must have felt in hospital. It must be so good to be home again. Don't be too hard on yourself you are bound to feel weak and emotionally drained after everything you have been through and remember you are still recovering from chemo. Do hope the fluid sorts itself out. I know its not uncommon for many women to have fluid drained after the op.when they get home. My boob is still sounding like a hot water bottle when I move! Thinking about you today when you get your results. I get mine Thursday so know what you are going through as I feel very nervous to say the least.
Tracy don't bottle anything up just write it here because we all understand. Sending you a big cyber hug.
Shannon hope you had a good weekend and all is well.
I know its all been tough but we are getting through this.
Lots of love
Alison xx

hi all
feel strong enough now to fill you in.
all went ok with operation. went to sleep with gas due to lack of veins then he put needle in foot. when i woke up i heard nurses from ward ask to veiw wound and I freaked and didn't want to know so basically didn't look for several days.
during night after the op the nurses were concerned i had a bleed as i was swelling and was in agony.
so next morn it was decided i was bleeding and would be going back to theatre that day. went back down about 4pm to sort bleed out.
during next couple days blood pressure dropped rather a lot. and on the sunday I had to have 2 units of blood and even then due to some more swelling they weren't sure if i needed to go to theatre a 3rd time.
i was allowed home tuesday after the decision was made i didnt need a 3rd op.
but even my surgeon was shocked by my bruising when he saw me tues morning, my back is purple from shoulder blade down to bum
and that doesnt even count the operation bruising.
there is still some concern i have fluid and now drain is out there is possibilioty of it getting worse
i was still draining 80mls when it had to come out and site is leaking quite a lot.very sore, weak and not very strong emotionally
hope u all ok
i see surgeon tuesday to get results
loive to all
Traceyxx

Hi there
Tracey so glad you are back home, even though it sounds as if you had a few problems. At least its all over now. Just make sue you take care of yourself.
Sending you and Shannon lots of love
Alison xx

hi

just a very quick one handed check in.
i got home today aftter going in lastt wednesday today is tuesday
u cud say there was a few probs but i'll tell u about it all a nother time when less knackered
catch u all soon love all round

traceyy

Hi there
Beginning to pick up now. However my boob sounds like a hot water bottle when I move, must be the fluid!!! Hopefully it will settle and I wont need to have the fluid removed. OH took me for a run in the car this afternoon and it was so good to get out. It feels so good to be through the op and the chemo.
I live in Gloucestershire so unfortunatly Shropshire is a bit far else I would have joined in, it would be good to meet up.
Shannon the trial sounds really good, these new drugs are usually brilliant look at Herceptin for instance.
Great news from the onc about your tumour.
Tracy do hope you are recovering well after your op.
I still have a problem with eating and have put on alot of weight. I really want to start to lose the extra pounds.
Take care both of you.
Lots of love Alison x

Hi Alison! Great to hear you're home again, and it all seems to have gone to plan....my fingers are crossed for you. Lets hope they got it all, and your news will all be good.....
Everything still ok with me, getting stronger every day.
Tracey I hope you are doing ok too, check in with us when you have the chance hun.
I'm enjoying having eye lashes again, and planning to go to a local meet on 11th April, crashing the Shropshire girls meeting as arranged on this site, I'm only 30 miles away in Wolverhampton. I should be ok to drive that far in a few weeks....are either of you anywhere close????
Oh and as I'm triple negative, and can't have any hormone treatment or Herceptin, I've agreed to do another trial, so will be taking a tablet once a day for the next 2 years. They hope it will help, time will tell. My onc said he was really pleased with the response my tumour had to chemo, and is hopeful for my future.

Take good care of yourselves, have a good weekend.
Shannon
x

Relieved to get home today after being convinced I would not wake up from op.!!
Lump was on upper part of boob and surgeon took quite a bit of tissue away. He replaced it with tissue from under boob so I still have a clevage! If lab results ok I will go on to have rads otherwise I have to have a masectomy, please keep your fingers crossed. Op went very well.
Hope you are ok Tracy after your op and Shannon you continue to get better.
Lots of love
Alison xx

Hi there
Thinking of Tracy today. Thanks for the good wishes Shannon and you were right about the wine,lol.
My hair is very fine as well and straight, wish it would grow a bit faster! Its also very fine on my legs which I do not mind!
Se you in a few days
Lots of love Alison x

Tracey and Alison,

If I don't get chance to post tomorrow, good luck!!! Please don't fret about the general anasthetic.....just think of it as a cuddly comfortable deep duvet, enveloping you in warmth and comfort.....for me going under wasn't the problem, it's coming out the other end!!!! I always get very distressed, but then an hour later I have no idea why. I will be thinking of you both.

Alison, I put your *unusual* spelling down to a few glasses of wine - it usually has that effect on me anyway!!

Oh, and my hair is still growing fast, but still very fine, and very straight!

Good luck ladies, see you in a few days, love 'n' hugs,

Shannon
xxx

Hi there
Just read my last post and realised the spelling is appaling, lol !
Shanon will be thinking of you , wishing you all the best. All I can say is They better have my pre med ready when I get there!
Glad the social worker visit went well, all the best for the outcome. Really hope you get the help you deserve.
Shannon hope you are continuing to get on well.
Lots of love Alison x

Hi guys

Glad you doing well Shannon. I'm in on wednesay morning early so we should be enjoying hospital food at same time Alison!!
Assestment by social went well but not heard outcome yet. While the guy was here little one punched me in ribs for no reason and I had to peel him off his sister 3 tiomes so that was fist time he showed what he can be like in front of officials, albeit he was tame compared to usual behaviour.
I am absolutely terrified!!! But should be home sooner rather than later as am sending kids to stay with their dad for a week lol
He got to do school run and uniforms and lunchboxes etc!!!!
Fingers crossed this is nearly the end and I'll get my life back.
catch you soon
lots of love
Traceyx

Hi Shannon
So glad that your are getting on so well.
Yes I did go to the Look Good Feel Better session, the bag og goodies are just brilliant. It was nice to talk to the other women as well. I have some eyelashes as well. My eyebrows are beginning to recover but still have only half of one on the right side! I have a fuzz all over my head now and look like a skinhead!
Went for my pre op check up today. Have to be in hosp. at 11am next Thursday and will have the op. in the afternoon. Should be out the next day. Getting really worked up about the op. and I am terrified of the anaesthetic! They are going to give me a pre med which will hopefully calm me down.
Trcy hope you are getting on alright.
Have a food weekend everyone.
Lots of love Alison x

Hi ladies,

Just a quick update, everything seems to be healing well now, have been wearing a soft bra, and back to driving again. Still managing to avoid hoovering or ironing, although seem to be doing pretty much everything else. My new boob seems to be a bit larger than my old one, so slightly lop-sided! It's not really noticable generally, but I can tell as my bra/tops are slipping sideways that way. I'm going in for a check-up this afternoon, just to check there is no fluid build-up.
I went to a 'look good, feel better' session yesterday, I think Alison did one too, and came away with some nice toiletries and cosmetics, and was surprised to find how much my eye lashes have grown back! Still nowhere near as long as they used to be, but long enough to dab a bit of mascara on, and made me look like the person I used to look like, not the cancer chemo person I've looked like for so long.
Hope you are all well, and managing ok......hugs n love

Shannon
xxx

Hi Shannon
So glad your check up went well, its brilliant that your margins were clear. You had 2 positive nodes like me, so glad the chemo had knocked the active cells out.
Just had my appointment through about my pre op tests a week tomorrow.
I have had a reply about my other post by another woman who had the same nodes sampled. I had never heard of these nodes either.
Sending love and best wishes to you Shannon and Tracy.
Alison x

Hi Alison,

Wow, you had more nodes removed than I did! I was told today they removed 7, and 2 had traces of cancer in them, although the cells were dead, so the chemo had done its job. I'm pleased with that result. They only found 1mm of live cancer cells in the breast tissue removed, and no vascular invasion. Becasue of that, they had good margins,so were happy to spare the nipple and skin, and gave me the full implant, rather than the tissue expander one. Also they have my HER2 results back, I'm negative, so no herceptin for me. She was very happy with the way I'm healing up, and took all the dressings off. I need to go back next week just to check I don't have a fluid build-up.
I hadn't heard about lymph nodes over the lungs before, but just saw your other post, hope you get some positive feedback on that one.
Tracey, hope your day went ok, and you can enlist some help from social services.

Love 'n' hugs all, catch up soon
Shannon
xxx