new diagnosis

Hi all. I posted on here in may with a possiblw diagnosis…thanks to the ladies who replied
I have bone mets…hip pelvis rib lower spine ans lung. Am noq on letrozole and a monthly demusaub injection. Just getting my head round things after a 10 year gap from my original bc diagnosis and finding it hard! Any advice welcome or if theres anyone in a similar position it wud be gd to hear from you. Thanks.

Hello carolsav sorry you’ve had to join us here but welcome. I had 12 years between primary and secondary, I have rib and spine, one lung met just removed to do biopsy on, I did try letrozol but didn’t work for me so start chemo next month. Hope you’re not suffering to much on the letrozol, I found Femera version better with side effects and I was only weakly er+ so hopefully it will keep you stable for a long time.

Tracy xx

Hi Carolsav

I’m sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis, and am sure that your fellow forum users will be along soon to offer some much needed support.  In the meantime I have put for you below the link to BCC’s publication for bone secondaries.  You also might like to join our secondary live chat service which runs each Tuesday evening between 8.30 and 9.30pm, I will also put you the link for live chat.  The regular users of this service are a wonderful support for each other and welcome those newly diagnosed with secondaries openly.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bone-bcc30

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

I hope this helps.  Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi,carol,you have come to the right place for support. We all understand how you feel and we are all here to offer support and advice. We all tend to hang out on the bone mets thread regardless of what mets we have. We are a very friendly and immensely supportive bunch.
Sending you massive hugs,Helen xxxxxxx

Hi Carolsav, sorry you have had to join us but me welcome you,
I was 7yr clear from my primary and was dx in Feb with mets to hips, ribs and spine, i am on tamoxifen, denosumab and zoladex injections.
Please feel free to ask questions etc we are always here to help each other cope with this disease.
Love Janette x x

Hi carolsav and welcome to our group. Plenty of support here for you don’t worry.
Some ladies have been posting here for many years so have a wealth of experience.
There’s also the live chat on tues evenings if you can manage it.

I was dx with primary TNBC 9 yrs ago and had a new primary (er+) 5 years ago. I now have lung mets but only two. However they were sizeable…5cm and 2.5cm. Just starting my 3rd cycle of chemo (capecitabine) today. Then I have scan on 27th to see if things improving.
Hope you do well on your treatment. There are many very effective drugs available now.
What part of the country are you?
Sending love and hugs ??
Bev xxxxx

Oops dont know why 2 question marks came up at the end…I typed jn a heart ?

Hi girls, I was diagnosed with bone mets yesterday! :frowning: I am feeling awful. Ethel x

Hi Ethel…sorry you’ve had to join our group but lots of support here from lovely ladies. I was only dx in may with lung mets and was scared stiff but have had amazing support and encouragement from my new found friends.
Love bev xxxx