17 REPLIES 17
Lulu34

Re: new lump, other breast?

great news Gill...

hope you had some succes with your BCN katy

Lulu xxx

Gillybean1505

Hi. Well although I'm still sure doc thinks ive lost the plot he did feel a lump which he assured me was fine and ultrasound confirmed it!! Hurrah!! I actually said to someone today when asked that I felt great - been a very long time since I've said that! Thanks again to you all for your support. How are things with you katytc?

katytc

Best of luck for appointment today Gillybean1505, waiting for BCN just have answering machine at hospital but have contacted doc. Feeling awful have constant nausea am having blood tests tomorrow, back to taking anti nausea tablets again, wishing you the best please let me know how you get on, take care xx

Lulu34

good luck tomorrow Gill xxx

Gillybean1505

Hi thx for all your comments. Got an appt Tom eve with consultant. Fingers crossed. Katytc - have u kept to your end of the deal.? Gill x

Lulu34

Most lumps and bumps you will feel are benign or just ordinary changes but it's always wise to get it checked out so you can get some reassurance.

Gilly im sure your consultant doesnt think you have lost the plot. Most are keen to check your concerns asap so they can reassure you or get treatment if needed quickly. If you don't feel comfortable with that consultant you could ask to see somebody else.

Lulu xx

Gillybean1505

Thanks Alto. We'll call tomorrow wont we katytc :-). X

Alto

Do it, both of you - get on the phone! I had to call my BCN a few weeks ago. and she saw me the next day and got me into my consultant's clinic the day after that. I had a very thorough exam and ultrasound which confirmed that what I was feeling was a result of rads causing thickening over a prominent rib (I never knew my ribcage was asymetrical before!)

Give your BCN a ring - I'm sure they'll help you even after 18 months.

My breast is still very sore from rads as well, although it's only been four months since I finished so maybe that's to be expected. My onc said that the internal swelling/soreness and the shooting electric shock pains can continue for several years afterwards.

Jane xxx

Gillybean1505

Ok deal :-). Let me know how u get on please x take care x

katytc

Hi, I am scared to say it out loud to anyone, Gillybean1505, I'll phone if you phone, deal xx

Gillybean1505

Hi there. I'm in a similar position. I was diagnosed with bc last year and had lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed followed by chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I find it hard to accept that it is over although had a pet scan and mammo just 3 months ago which were clear. I'm sitting on settee recovering from a laparoscopy to remove cysts in ovariesvas a result of taking tamoxifen. Consultant assures me nothing untoward down there but wait for results. Meanwhile I have convinced myself inhale a lump in my 'good' breast. Althogh it is hard to tell as I cannot refer to my affected breast as this is still swollen and sore even after 18 months (is that right?) anyway I'm not sure what to do. Am I being paranoid? Can you get a lump occur so quickly afterva mammo? My breast consultant already thinks I've lost the plot so I'm a bit embarrassed to see him again. thanks for your help. Do u often feel there is noone to turn to and alone?

katytc

Thanks crazy cat lady good advice, will phone BCN, trying to stay calm, I became aware of them around a fortnight ago, so no change and they are painless. Being really honest I just don't want to deal with this, I know that is so stupid, just feel so tired of it all and putting on a brave face only want to talk about it on here and to no-one else xx

crazy_cat_lady

Hi Katy,

Ring your BCN first thing tomoz, as you'll get seen far sooner than through your gp, your BCN and surgeon know your history so will squeeze you in probably within the next week, whereas your gp has to go through the urgent referal, which can take up to 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed its absolutely nothing, take care

X

katytc

thank you Mezzomamma, fear is a terrible thing xx

Mezzomamma

I don't blame you. Most of us are probably stuck on thinking 'Is this more cancer?' for any change we notice. See your doctor.

katytc

Mezzomamma, thank you, didn't think about lymph nodes, as I move down from armpit it feels kinda grisly, at the end of this part and slightly to the right that's where the lumps are. I can't compare other side cause have had nodes removed. They feel sort of flattish but risen if you know what I mean and are more noticeable when arm is raised or when lying on my side, you cannot see them but you can feel them. I want to hide xx

Mezzomamma

Remember that you have lymph nodes in different parts of your body, and they swell and become hard when they are working flat out. But see your doctor pronto. Even if these lumps aren't tumours, they might be something that would benefit from treatment.

Fingers crossed for you.

katytc

new lump, other breast?

Hi,

While checking my good breast I have found 2 small lumps, they are down from the armpit and around the upper part of my very small breasts. I didn't realise until the mammo that I had two tumours in the other breast because they were extremely deep, so I have no idea what lumps feel like etc, I just feel they are different. Do you think in 6 months from my last mammo of this breast that tumours could grow? I know I'll have to go to docs but it's like I don't want to know. I have told no-one, is my imagination running riot?? Feeling very anxious xx