Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new lump!

11 REPLIES 11
emmbee

Re: new lump!

Hi Carol,

So glad to hear that you have had good news today. You should not wait so long in future as all you do is worry more.

Will you have any treatment for the cysts?

I am so pleased for you.

E

carol42

hi everyone, went in for hospital appointment today, had mammogram and scan unfortunatly the machine that sends the x ray to the doctors broke down but the scan showed as the doc put it 'a huge cyst' with about 15 smaller ones in the same breast, he seems to think the pain is unrelated? I could have stayed around for the results of the mammogram, but they had no idea how long the wait was going to be and said they would either recall me if needed or send me a letter saying all was well, seeing the scan has made me feel a lot better and he was very confident.
good luck and thanks to you all xx
p.s they did tell me off for waiting 11 weeks before i went in and said the longest i was to leave it would be 2 weeks, at that rate i could be in to see them every 6 months!!

emmbee

Hi Carol,

So glad to hear that sense prevailed and you have taken some action. There is nothing worse than not knowing and making yourself ill with worry. You are not wasting anyone's time. Staff at the Breast Clinic are there to find out what is wrong with you. Trust me, they will be very happy if the lump is just another cyst.

Will think of you on the 31st.

Do let us know how you go on.

E

applestreet

Hi Carol

Good for you going to the doc. You are not wasting anybody's time your health is most important. It doesn't matter how many times you go to the clinic each visit will ease your mind. I know it's easier said than done but try to stay busy.

Keep posting and let us know how you go on. M

carol42

hospital app, came through for monday 31st, seems quick but then hopefully i can put it all behind me again. This is my 3rd visit, each time i keep feeling i'm waisting hospital time but after reading some of your comments it scares me at what could be if i did.

carol42

hi, well i went to see the doc, havent seen this one before! being referred to the breast clinic, explained that ive had a couple of cyst before but she said it felt like more of a thickning than a lump and that if she thought it was a cyst she would try and draw some of the liquid off, as she said still could be a cyst just playing the waiting game now, was told i will be seen within two weeks. Just have to stay calm now.
carol

emmbee

Hi Carol,

Well, I am glad that sense has prevailed but I cannot understand why you have to wait until Monday to see the doctor. If it is an infection you need treatment now. Even if it is not you need to get on with it. Waiting is the worst time so don't make it harder on yourself.

Let us know how you get on please.

Good luck.

E

carol42

Thanks ladies, common sense seems to go out the window at times, i never thought about an infection!!! told my hubby last night and now have an appointment to see the doc on monday, i know what to expect when i go and i know they will send me to the breast clinic and that i will be seen in two weeks, last time i went in i was told next time i would know the difference between a cyst and anything to "worry about" but i dont, this feels different which is why i've been putting of going to the dr but chances are it is a cyst! i just felt like i wasted their time and money.

angiem

hello carol42.. you say you found it 6 weeks ago and its obviously still there and worrying you.. 9/10 lumps are nothing at all to worry about.. they are not cancer..
you know what youve got to do .. and you know its not going away.. what ever it is it needs to be looked at .. and it needs looking at sooner rather than later ..no one can tell you what it is on here. yes it could quite easily be a cyst.. but you need a doctor to examine you ..just make an appointment with your GP tomorrow, he may refer you to the breast clinic and if so you should recieve an appointment within a cupple of weeks .. hopefully you will be ok and you will be on your way.. just make the appointment xx angie

applestreet

Hi carol42

GO TO THE DOCTOR GIRL!!! Get on the phone now.

you will drive yourself mad worrying but the sooner you get it looked at the better. As emmbee says it could be anything or nothing but you won't know until you go. An infection will need treating.

Post and let us all know how you go on.

Best wishes M

emmbee

Hi Carol,

Yes, I have a thought. Go see the doc or you will drive yourself crazy worrying. It could be anything but you won't find out what until you make the move. A cyst should not be sore, an infection will be.

Come on girl, make the move, you know you have to so the sooner the better.

very best of luck.

E

carol42

new lump!

hi, im new to this site and just after advice really (although i know what i should do.) I've found a lump in my right breast about six weeks ago, have left it because i've had a couple before that have been cyst, this one feels different now, firstly it is sore, not only my breast but in my armpit and now i keep getting a tugging feeling in my neck, all seems to be connected, over the last week to ten days i've noticed a change in the shape of this breast, as well as feeling and looking slightly bigger it seems to be going south!! today its also burning not hot to touch but burning inside if that makes sense. I know i need to make an appointment to see the dr. but this time have an uneasy feeling, any thoughts?