Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new member aged 43, had surgery, waiting results, Godalming Surrey

7 REPLIES 7
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: new member aged 43, had surgery, waiting results, Godalming Surrey

Hi

I also live just outside Guildford and am 44. I had a lumpectomy in November 2012 and have just finished my chemotherapy. I, too, will be having a mastectomy - probably bilateral for genetic reasons. Like you, I feel incredibly isolated at times, but have decided to return to work before the next operation.

If you send your email address to Chocciemuffin then she will send you details for the next meet up. I did, and met up with some younger ladies, at different stages in their 'journey', last week.

Hope this is helpful.

Diane xx
Jo_BCC

Posted on behalf of new user Lisa - Jo, Facilitator

Hello my name is Lisa, i live just outside Guildford and go for treatment at St Lukes. please could you send me details? Im aged 44 l feel very alone would be nice to meet up with others!

I was dignosed on the 5th nov 2012 since then i have had two loads of surgery and presently on my 4th FEC-T two cycles to go! then they would like me to have a mastomamy and radiotherpy! would like to meet people in my area, hate feeling like the only one who's going through this at my age! i know im not but i dont see many of us abt!

handc

I'm in Sutton, being treated at Royal marsden
Chocciemuffin and summer71, can you add me to your lists please as I am close to you both
many thanks

Julie
ChoccieMuffin

There is a great group of women in the West Surrey area who meet up regularly. We're meeting up on Wednesday next week and are very happy to welcome other primary ladies in the same situation. It's not just a BCC meeting, there are others who don't use these forums who go, and we DO stuff! I was originally set up for women under 45 but there are some of us who are a little bit older who join in the fun.

PM me, with your email address please, for details of what we're up to in the next few weeks. Venue for the meeting next Wednesday (10th) hasn't been confirmed yet, other than it's in Guildford, but I can add you to the email circulation list if you're interested.

CM
x

Summer71

If you don't mind a trip down the a3 there are a group of us yoUng BC gals meeting up in Kingston 😉
clare83

Hi
There is a thread called Anyone from Surrey/Hants - you will find it in the "In your area" section of the forum. There are a number of ladies there being treated at the Royal Surrey. I am not far from you (Effingham) but under the Royal Marsden in Sutton
Clare x

Anna_BCC

Dear mar1508

I have noticed that you have not had any replies to your post so am adding this response in order to 'bump' it up to appear on the latest threads.

I expect that you will have other responses soon now.

with all best wishes

Anna

Guest user
Not applicable

new member aged 43, had surgery, waiting results, Godalming Surrey

Having treatment at RSCH Guildford,