new member tired of being tired

All and all i am in a good place , just a quick heads up  sep 2014 started with back ache went to doctors sent to physio  as possible  slipped disc. then jan 2015 found  lump in left brest, feb 2015 showed grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma ER2,PRO,HER2 3+ informed that mastectomy planned for end of FebThen results of scans came and everything changed. informed that i had secondary in bones, vertebrae, rids , hip ect… so op cancelled and urgent radiotherapy needed and chemo to start straightaway Docetaxol,Transtuzumab and pertuzumab and Zometa. Told that radiotherapy  could cause further pain so in end of Feb after first session and first chemo wasn’t  surprised  to be in pain,  then found out that my hip had factured and needed a hip replacement three weeks in hospital. After op had to have further radiotherapy which started my rollercoaster ride , radiotherapy  burst my hip scar open, chemo made me open to infection and so  ended up in hospital on many occasions, even got a paper cut  on my finger infected, that had to be operated  on, how stupid did i feel on intensive care ward with a giant dresssing on my finger looking like an extra from a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Finish chemo end of Aug 2015 and now have treatment every three week , pertuzumab, herceptin zometa. Results from recent scan show all stable and that’s great. I know i am getting stronger as i am now MOANING!

which is way i am posting for the first time  I am so tired of being tired and sweaty , hot flushes are getting me down. I have talked to gp and unfortunately i just have to live with it oh lucky me lol xx

Hi chin up…thats what people say to me.also keep positive .your looking well…blah blah…they havnt got a clue what we go through…nor would I wish it on my worst enemy…i get through this by the will to live and for the love of my family…its a different level isn’t it…hoping they find more treatments and as someone said its like a game of snakes and ladders…i live for today and the present and still laugh and enjoy days out…but I still miss the old me…energetic busy busy busy and the zumba lessons…but that’s gone and I have no choic but to deal with it…you are strong you are coping and as you said you are moaning.thats what my husband says is a good sign…glad your stable and long may you stay that way…take care Sharon.xx

Hi chin up…I know what you mean they call it fatigue…tired doing little jobs .where you used to do a thousand jobs in a day…like we’ve had Duracell batteries taken out and replaced with old tired batteries.?..x sharon

Hi Anita…yes my daughter had baby girl named faith.born on 25th Feb…all well …she split up with her partner he didn’t want a baby .so she’s living here…she’s a beautiful baby …bit mad having prams etc round the house?..iv got my 6th docetaxol next Tuesday.then a scan then god I dont know what treats they’ll come up with …its not like we get a choice is it.i just hope there is something to treat me…after 3 docetaxol I was stable .no better no worse…xsharon

Hi Anita.years ago I had masectomy and fec chemo and 3weeks radiotherapy.my hair all fell out…was curly when came back but went back to normal after few months…then tamoxifen for five .years…then the bugger came back in my bones and stomach lining.i had capecitabine chemo tablets.so no veins…i did really well on that for 15months had bit progression.they took me off that.put me on letrozole which I took for nine months it didn’t work got liver Mets.so now I’m on docetaxol and demusamab…no idea what next depends on scan after I suppose. Take care at least the weathers better spring is here…xx sharon

Anita…ps I bet you didn’t look like the troll…my husband started to call me slaphead in jest years ago…x

Hiya chin up . Thought I would just say hello and what a roller coaster u have been through. Feel shattered just reading your story. I have Mets in fenur, hip, pelvis and spine and as I had a hole in femur had to have a pin put in to stop it breaking (last november) its still very uncomfy and reading though these boards I feel that if the pin snaps …I might have to have a hip replacement too. Long recovery and I feel have lost all.my freedom too…swimming, driving and car boot sales !! Was always planning Zumba classes too in my retirement but would struggle with pottery class now and sitting on a stool! Just have to.keep watching “ghost” DVD for the pottery bit!
U have every right to moan, stamp your feet and throw as many rattles out the pram as u want to …
Hugs xxx

Hiya Sharon …Well u too have been there and done it with the treatments but I’m sure the new baby gives u a focus each day.
It’s a very hard and cruel journey …but we must keep fighting this dreadful thing and give it a good kick up the b.m.
We must all follow dawn’s strength as she has been coping for twenty years now …hopefully soon there will b a magic bullet rather than chemo which robs us of our dignity with the hair loss and side effects.
I’m dreading the chemo road again …hoping letrozole does its job for a while longer.
Hugs xxx

Hi to all have a good Easter whatever you all get up to.love Sharon.xx

Hiya.
The weather does play an important part. When its sunny I’m like a little Duracell bunny on a crutch but when its cold I’m like aagh and oh ( like the moaning men do )
I’m down in the south west and its lovely here this morning.
Roll on summer.
Hugs xx

Hiya Maria. Let’s hope u can do a whole day without the tears then.
Kids and clothes …aagh I think they put things in the laundry basket rather than b bothered to hang them up in wardrobe. My grandchildren r here at weekend and its the endless showers they take …aagh loads of wet soggy towels.
Chin up …
Hugs xxx

Hi Maria.children a blessing…they keep you functioning…enjoy your bath cleaning and have a good Easter…p.s. Got my 4 week old granddaughter living here she makes more washing than us? such diddy little clothes though…sweet…takecare Sharon.x

Hello chinup

I can only echo what Nicky has said she has always been an inspiration to me with her knowledge and good advice. Do not feel you will get on anyones nerves we all like to moan at times maybe you will help to lift my spirits when I am down we are all here for our fellow sufferer’s.

Have a happy Easter everyone xxx

Hiya Jenny.
There will always b up and down days as u r obviously under some sort of treatment. Most of us here on this board are!
As I am not that mobile as I have hip and pelvis Mets …I try to keep busy with reading and tapestry if I don’t feel up to walking far.
I’m sure with summer coming you will find some energy to move around more and enjoy life outside.
Hugs xx