new member who needs a break from treatment

Hi
I have never used this post before just battled on with support of family and friends… i was diadnosed in October with Grade 3 bc. I have completed 6 months of grueling chemo and 2 weeks ago had mastectomy and ANC. Thank god chemo killed all cancer in lymph nodes, tumour was 10cm in my breast Lobular type. I have family historyand had only had mammogram 10 months prior to this, diagnosed at 43. now have to start Tamoxifen and then Radiotherapy in few weeks… I have a lot of fluid where my breast was , underarm and down my back. Not drained because of all chemo want to leave it to settle on its own…
Does anyone else just feel like you want to have a break from treatment for a while, havent even started to recover from chemo before surgery now hormone treatment and then radiotherapy… Just feel like keep being hit by a bus…

Hi Ragdoll

I’m sorry you have found you way to this forum. But welcome :wink:

I am just at the start of my journey. IDC grade 3, WLE & SNB last week and due results on Wednesday. I will follow with RADS and then probably chemo then Tamoxifen for 5 years.

Unfortunately, I can’t comment on the Big C Bus Journey, but even although it is exhausting, you have to remember that each day is a new day and one which you must continue to fight. I am sure you already know this, but keep yourself busy. Have you visited any of the other threads? There are are lots under the “Undergoing treatment: chemo” section where all the ladies on there (who are amazing) have lots of hints and tips to help to get through and also recover from chemo.

I wish you all the very best of luck with the remainder of your treatment. I just wanted to comment so as to bump your post up a little.

Martha xx

Ragdoll

I’m so sorry to hear your story. I’m glad you had family and friends to support you, especially in the early days and during chemo. I think most on here will feel the same about treatment and wanting a break. I know I do!! I had surgery first, then chemo, next will be a hormone tablet for five years. My onco and I have ruled rads out (I won’t bore you with the details) May I wish you very good luck for your future treatment and express my wish that you remain free from cancer from then on.
Poemsgalore xx