I was diagnosed last september after finding a lump in my right breast. A mamagram showed I had another lump in the smae breast that I hadn’t felt. I had 3 biopsies on my breast on that frist visit to the BCU. The doctor told me to be prepared for the worst. My husband was with me and we were just stunned. A week later we got the results, although by now I knew what they would be, the breast care nurse was already talking reconstruction. Anyway…2 tumours (a lump changes to a tumour!!) both cancerous and because of high family history a bi-lateral masectomy was advised. I was lucky to be able to have reconstruction straight away as no need for radiotherapy or chemotherapy. I now have implants which I have found very hard to come to terms with. I am now cancer free, fantastic, but now everything is over, so much to focus on previously, I feel quite lost and keep re thinking everything…daft I know. I have returned to work but after 2 and a half months off I feel out of the loop there although everyone has been brilliant, supportive and caring. Does anyone else feel or felt like this before. I wasn’t going to join a forum as I thought i could just get by and didn’t want to bother people but would really appreciate others views XX

Hello Ditzy65

Welcome to the forums.  I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, this must be a very difficult time for you.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes       

June, moderator