new to all this....

Hi, I just want to make contact with the forum and start talking to people in a similar situaltion to myself. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2012 and have just had my second chemo. Just emerged from the steroid mood rush so am trying to be constructive for the next 2 weeks before it all happens again.
I was very fast from finding the lump to starting chemo (13 days) so although this has been fantastic in terms of treatment, my head is struggling to catch up with what is going on.
I am really hoping and needing some support from others in a similar position as this has all turned life upside down.
Look forward to hearing from anyone really

Dear rockydog

Welcome to the BCC Forum. You have come to the right place and I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer some support.

You could also give our Helpline a call to talk things over. They can offer lots of information and support. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000. Calls are free and confidential.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hello - I know what you mean about wanting to be in contact with someone in the same situation
Not quite the same as you as have had surgery first, and starting chemo on January 8
Have 2 small children and suddenly my life has been turned upside down as not been able to work for 3 weeks, and generally feeling exhausted physically and mentally.
Would love to chat more

x

Hi Handc,
I’m off work at the moment too and find its the hardest thing really. I’m stuck in that place that 2 out of the 3 weeks (chemo cycle) I feel relatively alright though the chemo and the steriods have played havoc with my moods. I am finding it really hard to get motivated to do things. I like being busy but am one of those people who works best under a bit of pressure and all that pressure seems to have gone apart from hospitals, hospitals, hospitals.
I have a chemo on Jan 8th too so will be thinking of you. The chemo day itself I havn’t found too bad but just get su unbelievanly tired in the week after and not too nauseous but do take all the ani sick tablets.
My surgery isn’t due till after my chemo has finished which will be in March time. I think it’s because it was in my lymph nodes that it is happening this way round.
I desperately need to exercise too to make sure the steroids don’t affect me too much but am getting into a bit of a hibernating mode which isn’t really helping.
Upside down life here we come. I keep reminding myself this is short term though. It seems like an age when you’re in it but I know there is an end to it, it just seems an awful long time away…
Good luck with everything…
x

How are you doing? I have found the younger woman breast cancer facebook site to be of help (probably good name wrong but listed here)
do get in touch if you want to chat more