new to site

Hello, I was diagnosed last Wednesday with grade 3 invasive ductal breast cancer, I am having a MRI tomorrow and have surgery book for less than a fortnight. Still getting my head around it and very tearful. I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old so trying to be as strong as I can. Ever since I’ve tried to improve my diet not that I feel like eating but I feel this is the only thing I can control.
Least when the kids are awake I have a distraction, it’s the insomnia I am finding difficult.
Zoe X

Hi Zoe,it’s a horrible scary time when you are just diagnosed ,so much to get your head around ,very overwhelming .If you go to the "just diagnosed " section of the site you will find a lot of support from ladies going through the same thing.Peaceful sleep is def an issue for most of us when first diagnosed ,the middle of the night is a horrible ,lonely time . Good luck with your MRI scan tomorrow .Jill

Thanks Jill. Just trying to keep myself busy until everything starts, surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy. I will look at the just diagnosed section x