Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie need a bit of advice!

11 REPLIES 11
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: newbie need a bit of advice!

I told him to come and have alook but hes off to work today so I get a bit of peace well apart from kids driving me mad lol
I might phone them tomorrow i feel like Im being pushy if I call but I cant see any reason not too so I will give it ago once I finish work!

Im just going to sort dinner too feel the need for good food, lol what an excuse hehe

take care
nikki

owls4eva

Hi Nikki

Would it be possible for you to ring and see if you could get a cancellation? Thats what I did for my chemo appt, should have been 4th March but because I was so fed up of waiting rang about a cancellation and got an appt next day. Gotta be worth a try!

I know what you mean about people who understand where you are coming from it makes a huge difference doesnt it.

Your hubby sounds like a rock bless him, there are some hubby's on here who have discussed their partners so he might be interested to read them? I like being able to come on here and ask question and comment on things that I might not want to say in front of him if that makes sence.

Hope the rest of your Sunday goes well, going to prep veg having a late dinner today cos of footie.

Sending Hugs

karen

XX

Guest user
Not applicable

lol karen you made me laugh!

We were just speaking to our friend who has had a double mastectomy and she sounds brilliant shes just had her 3rd lot of chemo and was so positive, she isnt going to let it beat her.
She said that they have to freeze part of the biopsie for 24 hours before the test are complete but the doc had taken one look at her mammogram and told her she would need both off! its amazing the work these people do! this was the first time I had heard of this.

I feel better talking to people who arent saying its going to be fine it makes me feel normal lol if possible. she had the puckering but no lump, i have both and my god the pain this morning is unbearable! Im actually relieved when I put a bra on for some support even though they still hurt like mad!

I told my hubby I had came on here to get some advice and bless him he told me I just need to lean on him for all the support I could ever need but part of me cant let him know just how hard and confusing it all is. never mind another day closer to my appointment.

hugs sent to you

nikki x

owls4eva

Hi Boopadoo

The more more you say the word cancer the less frightening it is, I used to say it out loud to the dog (shes deaf so didnt have a clue) before dx just helps to get your head in place, even if you do not get that dx hopefully it stops you being frightened of the word.

My Breast Care nurse advised me not to talk to people who had not been dx 18 months previous at the begining because so much hs changed (not sure when your SIL dx) But I did get to the stage of if one more person had told me I was going to fine and not worry I would have quite cheerfully poked them in the eye with a sharp stick haha.

Yes bc does run in my family mum dx 10 years ago has mastectomy and 5 years of tamoxifen and still going strong at 89 years of age - she give me hope that everything will be alright.

Hugs

Karen

XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

I am the same as you information junkie the 2nd lol I like to know exactly what to expect so I can deal with it.
I was given a promotion on saturday so am thankful that the training for this is taking my mind off it at work so like you I am enjoying work for the simple reason of peace from the big c thought!

I feel like a total fraud at times as though there is nothing wrong with me! I just dont know how to feel and I feel I should be sheilding my husband and kids from how really worried and scared I am if it makes sense. I think thats why I posted so that I could talk to people who have experienced where I am now.

I thought that my sister in law would be the best person to talk to as she has been here too but she keeps telling me that its nothing and that I shouldnt even think its anything bla bla its as though she was the only person ever to be affected by cancer. luckly for her she had a lumpectomy and that was all she needed.

can I ask karen did bc run in your family as it dosent in mine but my aunt had cervical cancer and others in the family have died from different kinds of cancers, I know they link cervical cancer to breast cancers at times as a friend of mine had both at once god bless her but she is thriving now!

owls4eva

Hi Boopadoo

As I said before the waiting is the hardest part and like you waiting for the process to start was a nightmare. I did not regret getting something from my gp to help me stay calm and get some sleep it helped with trying to keep my life in perspective with my family. I also worked and put in as many hours as possible so that I didnt have time to think.

When you are ready to know more about what will happen at your appointment just shout and we will all respond. Im a bit of an information junkie myself and although didnt post at first I must have read every thread on this site ha ha

Hope all goes well for you on the 3rd but feel free to keep in touch

Sending hugs

Karen

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks for all the advice! its great knowing im not on my own!
PLeased to hear your daughter was ok josie xx

josyemarie

Try to chill out Boopadoo, my danghters lost weigh recently and was v.conscerned about a dimpling and dent in her breast,She was told after her breast clinic appointment that it was down to the weight loss.

Regards Josie x

Sam_BCC

Hi boopadoo

Welcome to the forums, I am sure you will soon receive lots more replies of help and support from the other users. In the mean time if you want to talk to someone in confidence the team on our helpline will be only too happy to talk to you and just be a listening ear if you feel you want to share your worries. I am sure the feelings you are having are only natural but can understand your worries. BCC are here to support you so please use us if it will help. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm. The number is free phone 0808 800 6000.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Karen

Thank you for getting back so quickly to me, I really appreciate it.
Im going on 3rd March at 10am and to be honest I dont know how im going to get through next week. My husband is a recovery driver and has just picked up a gp who he related my story to and she was disgusted also that i have not been sent in before now.

I have read through alot of the posts and alot of thing seem to jump out at me when rthey talk aboutsymptoms etc. I have the lump the dimpling/puckering and i have heat in the breast too. I also have pain sometimes its is worse and then fades to a dull ache, i also have swelling in it to!

i feel like i should be a hypocondriact! (cant spell sorry!) but honestly this is whats going on.
I am a total wreck as one minute Im ok the next Im crying or shouting.
My oldest boy who is 6 is so worried as he over heard a conversation with my sister in law how has had breast cancer and was lucky enough to have only a lumpectomy, he now thinks that mummy is really sick, I am trying not to let this affect their lives too but its so hard to keep it together.

Hopefully next week will fly by and before I know it monday will be here and I will know one way or the other.

thanks again I truely appreciate it

owls4eva

Hi

Sorry that you have had to join us here but you will find wonderful support from all the ladies and gents on here.

I found my lump on the 1st Nov and saw gp the next day and was told I would be fast tracked after waiting 2 weeks for an appointment I rang back the surgery to be told they had an appointment for christmas eve, after questioning what part of fast track they didnt understand, I rang the appointment line and got one sorted myself so I can understand completely where you are coming from.

I did have dimpling but it could only be seen when I was lying down, so it was the consultant that pointed it out I hadnt noticed it myself. I had gone because I had found a lump in my breast which turned out to be nothing but from the mamogram unfortunately a cancer was found.

Sorry that you are not able to get some sleep and you will find this will help a lot although there are usually a few of us on here in the midnight hours. I asked my gp for something to help me sleep because I was just not functioning properly.

You havent said when your appointment is? The waiting is definitely the hardest part. If you read through the threads on here lots of women escape and dont become members of this club. I hope that you are one of these. please keep us updated and if you need to ask any questions please feel free.

Sending you love and hugs

Karen

XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

newbie need a bit of advice!

After having to wait a number of weeks for an appointment at the breast clinic I got one today for a week on monday. I was supposed to referred 3 weeks ago but someone forgot to fax my letter so it was delayed by a week. I was classed as an urgent referral according to my doc and I feel totally let down. I have not slept properly since finding my lump a month ago and am totally worn out. I suffer from lumps as normal life goes but this lump was different and then i started to read about things that you may notice that are linked to breast cancer like puckering or dimpling of the skin, I have had a lardge dimple in my skin since july of last year but i put it down to loosing weight. the doctor took one look at it and her faced dropped. i am trying to stay positive and most of the time managing but I cant help but think that possibly there is more to it which Im sure we have all done at some point.

has anyone else suffered from puckering or dimpling? Im so scared, I have loads of support but still feel so very lonely and scared!

i would really appreciate anyones help thank you! and good luck to you all xx