Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly diagnosed 4 weeks in

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: newly diagnosed 4 weeks in

Hi Jan14 x Sorry not to get back sooner x

I'm booked in for lymph bipsy on the 10th & double mastectomy with recostrustion on the 17th (with lymphs stripped at the same time if the sentinel nodes etc are affected)

I hope you are well on your way to recovery re the mastectomy and your follow up was good x 

It's a horrible time xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Thanks for your well wishes. In the end it came back positive and that there was cancer in 2 areas of the same breast.  Im now recovering from a mastectomy and Back at hospital for my follow-up on Monday. x

Highlighted

Hi Jan x

Just want to say hope you got the result you needed today and good luck for tomorrow Heart 

xx

Highlighted

Hi Jan

Along with the support you will soon find please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk any concerns or queries over, lines open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to further support ideas from BCC and information which I hope will help:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

newly diagnosed 4 weeks in

hi. I have recently been diagnosed wiith grade 1 ductal carcinoma ER and PR positive. My provisional diagnosis was Fibroadenoma, but on further tests it came back as BC.

I went on to have a mamogram and further biopsy for another area identified on this, but these results came back as inconclusive and i am now waiting for results for a vacuum biopsy which i had at Wythenhawe.   I get these on Monday and my surgery is planned for Wednesday.  I am still not sure of my treatment as it very much depends on this result.  If it is benign then i have a choice of a lumpectomy and radiotherapy; if not it will be a mastectomy.

Its been quite a whirlwind, and the first 2 weeks were just a blur.  Im glad to have had another week, although of waiting, to find my feet again, but i will be glad to know tomorrow what these are.