newly diagnosed and really worried

I have 3 lumps in my left breast I had a biopsy of one lump2 weeks ago along with a mammogram and an ultra sound, my consultat said there wasnt anything sinister looking but had to do the biopsy to be sure…I recieved a call last monday evening to go into see my consultant tuesday and was devasted to find out I have invasive ductal carcinoma grade 2 in the lump that was tested…I then had a biopsy on the other 2 lumps and have a MRI booked for tuesday. Ive just recieved a call to say I have to go in tomorrow morning for my second biopsy results and I wasnt expecting this so im really worried…I rang my care nurse but she isnt there and the one that answered the phone said she didnt know much about me. Im frightened in case im told that the other two are worse than the first…is it normal to be called in again? Thank you

Hi 4littlecherubs and welcome to the BCC forums
In addition to the help and support you will soon have here from your fellow users, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any queries or concerns, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

The following link will take you to the BCC ‘Just diagnosed’ pages where you will find lots of information and further support ideas from BCC:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

That sound silly now ive written and read it course its normal to be called in again for my results im just very anxious in case they tell me it has spread or the cancer in these lumps are more aggressive than the first, once I have all the results and know whats happening im sure I will feel calmer but ive never been so scared in all my life! :frowning:

Hi There.

Wow, your story sounds almost identical to mine.  I had 4 lumps in my left breast and they took a biopsy from one and I was told yesterday morning that lump was cancerous.  I have now had another biopsy taken from the lump that was furthest away from the first.  If that too is cancerous they said to assume that all the lumps are in which case they will want to remove my breast (i find out next monday)

I don’t really know what do say only you are not alone.   Im scared out of my mind as I feel that at 34 I am so young. 

I only joined today but it seems there is so much help and advice for you here.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you. xx

Hi sorry for late reply and thank you for your messages. I went yesterday and the other 2 lumps are cancerous 1 is early signs and the other is a mix of the 2 they have told me I have to have a mastectomy which is planned for next wednesday :slight_smile: they also took another biopsy yesterday this time from my lymph nodes and j will find out tuesday if they have to be removed or not. I feel much more positive now I know whats happening and not at all scared, I think I was having panic attacks monday evening when I posted on here :-/ but its just the not knowing, once id spoken to my consultant yesterday I felt so much better. xx

Thats good that you havent got long to wait for surgery. One lump or 3…its all the same really isnt it. I have a feeling I will be offered the mastectomy too as they mentioned a few calcium spots as well as the lump. Hoping I will be told before fri so i can ease myself into it. Are you having a reconstruction straight away?

Good luck xxx

L x