Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no biopsy yet but told it is very unlikely not to be cancer

1 REPLY 1
Janet_BCC

Re: no biopsy yet but told it is very unlikely not to be cancer

Dear barbersdrove

Welcome to the BCC forum.  I'm sure you will find lots of support on here from fellow members.  I'm sorry you find yourself in the waiting room.  It must seem ages until you get your results on Wednesday.

I've attached a link to our booklet about Breast cancer in families which you may find helpful:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc32_breast_cancer_in_families.pdf

It might also help to talk things over with one of our Helpliners when they re-open on Monday.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

barbersdrove

no biopsy yet but told it is very unlikely not to be cancer

I have had a mammogram and an ultrasound after findng a lump 2 weeks ago. They were going to do a biopsy the same day then found I was on Warfarin.  I cannot have it done until Monday as I have to stop taking that for 3 days before any surgery so will get the results on Wed when i see the consultant.  It is a 3cm lump and why i didn't find it earlier I don't know as it is so obvious and slightly painful now.  I can see it as well as feel it.   The consultant has told me it is highly unlikely not to be cancerous so to prepare myself for hearing that.  

I am now the 3rd of 4 sisters to go througbh this.  One died, Plus I have 3 daughters.  At what point does the genetic stuff kick in as I am more concerned for them than for me.  I'm 65 by the way and had a hyterectomy at 40 due to cancer plus I had bowel cancer at 38 and had surgery for that so do feel I have done really well to date.