no explanation for these symptoms, 31 years old

Family Background: Mother had DCIS in her 50s, she tested NEG for BRCA 1 & 2 genes

Me: 31, no children, on birth control pills. No history of breast trauma/injury, no nipple peircings or implants. No caffiene in my diet. I have never had a mammogram before. 

Symptoms: Pain and extreme swelling/hardening/thickening of LEFT breast only, for 2 weeks. Started on the side, spread to top, nipple, everywhere. Went from mild to severe over the past few days. Today I woke up to discover that my left nipple/areola has turned completely white. Right breast is normal. I used to have symmetrical breasts, now the left one is about 2 cups sizes larger. Mild improvement in pain when I take Motrin, but no decrease in inflammation. 

What concerns me is the sudden onset of this with no trigger (like breastfeeding, etc) and the severity of the inflammation. It’s hard as a rock. (My breasts are normally bery squishy/soft) 

I can’t find anything online to explain this, as “mastitis” is linked to infection or absess through some type of external trauma, which I didn’t experience (No rough nipple contact during sex, for instance). 

Worried about IBC and other types of BC because of family history. Soonest appointment I could get is with my GP in 2 days :frowning:

Hi Elise ,I think there will be other explanations than breast cancer for your symptoms ,but I can understand why you are worried .Why don’t you ring GP in the morning and try and get a same day emergency appointment ,say your symptoms are getting more severe and you need to be seen.Hopefully they will be able to put your mind at rest.Jill.