not coping extreme anxiety

hi everyone not sure if im doing this right but i feel im going crazy .i was diagnosed in may with lobular stage 1 hormone receptive im sixty one and thought i was done with the hormonal side of life .i had surgery on 14 june to remove and biopsy on nodes .i am due back to see surgeon on 30 june for results but have just had a call to say results are not ready yet .this has sent me into panic mode cant stop crying all this waiting buliding myself up for results and now more waiting .i dont really have anyone to talk to as dh has alzhiemers .wake up every morning needing to run to toilet where the anxiety kicks in as soon as my eyes open .

Hi Missy61

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time of it. It is not an easy journey is it? Is is possible for you to see your GP to talk things over about how you feel? You may need to have to take a little something to help you. Unfortunately, it is a huge waiting game…I was told I have BC, had mastectomy and lymph node biopsies, then went back for axillary clearance. I am due to get results from everything on Friday, but I am non the wiser as to what type/stage etc. I have no idea of my treatment plan, so finding it difficult to move forward. I think you may need to speak to someone as regards to having some help xx

BIG HUGS to you xxx

Hi Missy ,sorry you are feeling so rubbish ,it’s very hard when you gear yourself up to deal with results and then it is put back .The anxious waiting is dreadful .Dont read anything negative into the delay, it happens a lot .They like to have all the information and to discuss it at Multidisciplinary Team meeting before they meet with you to discuss treatment .On the anxiety front many of us can totally empathise with that ,it is so horrible ,I rang GP and got a small number of Valium to help me through the worst and it just took the edge off the anxiety .Give your GP a ring and talk to them about how you are feeling .You will be surprised how much better you feel once you get your results and treatment plan.Talk to us here, lots of support from people who understand .Jill.

If you continue to feel very anxious ring GP , they are very sympathetic, no need to wait til 3rd July if you feel really bad with anxiety.

Virtual hugs Missy. I went to see my surgeon expecting to get my results and they weren’t back so I know how you are feeling.  Mind runs away with you and anxiety levels shoot up.

I did go back and get my results last Friday, a week later. The breast cancer nurse explained to me that they won’t rush them, they will check and re-check until they are sure, which is a good thing for us but does take time…

I really don’t think the medical staff really get how hard waiting is for us and how the anxiety builds up when we are going for tests/results. Maybe your GP could help, we all need a bit of help sometimes x

Hi Missy

The worse time is waking up in the morning isn’t it? My anxiety levels were always worse then and gradually felt better as the day went on. Don’t read anything into delayed results, its normally just down to staffing levels. Mine were delayed, but didn’t feel too concerned. the body needs time to heel from the op, so it doesn’t make any difference to your treatment. This is the worse time, but once you get your results and your follow up treatment, you will feel much better.

Sending a gentle hug xx

Hello Miss you

I understand exactly how you are feeling and it’s natural to feel the way you do.  I was diagnosed with DCIS Dec 2015 and thought I d never get through it. I had mastectomy and experienced delay waiting for results too. I went into panic mode also but the news was good. The nurse explained that just because there is a delay does not mean there is something wrong.  I do sympathise with how you are feeling. Please use this site as there is always someone there to reassure you. Big hug and stay strong.  Thinking of you xxx