not much time!

hi,
just a quick one.

firstly, i am a born worrier, and will worry about anything and everything that comes my way,so i really need advice on everything really, because my paranoia is so huge that i never really know what im experiencing.

firstly, i am nearly 23 years old, in pretty good health, just for basic info.

but basically, over a month ago i started getting pain in my right breast, being the worrier that i am, i started trying to feel for something, to no avail. but the mroe i felt, the more it hurt, obviosuly because i was putting pressure on it. i went to the doctor and he did a physical examination, and said he couldnt feel anything unusual. however in the past couple of week i am convinced i can feel a small lump, it is small, oval shaped and moves around a lot, which i have heard it a sign it couold be benign. today the skin above where the lump is has started to go red and a bit inflamed, which has got me very worried.

HOWEVER here is my main problem, in about a week and a half, myself and my boyfriend are moving to south east asia (from the uk) for a whole year, to start new jobs. im scared of this stopping me frmo going, as its been our dream for ages, and we’re all set to go. even if it is something non-serious, im worried i wont have time to find this out.

i dnot think theres anything i can do really, but i’d love some words of encouragement, so i can perhaps get a wink of sleep tonight.
thanks

Hi,

I don’t know if I can say anything to help other than:

1. PLEASE try not to worry too much (I know that’s easy to say)

2. I think (to try and put your mind at rest) you should try and see your doctor again (or a different one, possibly). It sounds like there has been a change (ie red) so I would go back again. Chances are it could well be benign, and it would put a stop to your worrying.

Do something before you go away, and give yourself a chance to put your mind at rest.

Best wishes :slight_smile:

Dear jessmimapuddleduck,

It may also be helpful to phone our helpline to talk things through. Our staff are there to offer information and support.

They will be open again at 9.00am on Monday. The number is 0808 800 6000

Kindest regards

Janet
BCC Facilitator

Chances are your lump is an infection but whatever you do, you must get it treated before you go. If it is an infection, you can’t go off to another country without proper treatment first and if it is something more serious, you will need treatment also.
See your GP, insist that you get fast tracked to the breast clinic who will test the lump and should get fast results. If you have to postpone your trip, that is nothing compared to going off with something wrong with your health. It is much better going a bit later, knowing you are healthy.

Good luck

Hi hun. I’m just offering my support to you, I too have just posted re pain and a sore breast. I’m only young too 33. I’m also hyper anxious. I can’t offer you any advice as I’ve only just got my appointment through for Breast Clinic but I just wanted you to know that I understand and am here to support you.

nutnbolt.x