not the news I had hoped for...

Hi everyone

I have had my results and feel deflated,  was originally dx as grade 2, now its grade 3. Also they removed 3 nodes 1 has cancer, 1 has micro cells? And the other was clear. My tumor was originally meant to be 2.2cm however it is 1.6 but in the tissue removed I have another tiny 2mm sight. The pathology report has still given clear margins even with the 2mm bit but at the meeting to discuss my treatment the head of that particular department has requested a second opinion as no actual measurement was given on the margin just it was clear. The bcn has stated she expects it to come back clear but cannot confirm until second opinion received. Her neg, oestrogen pos 7/8. I have to go back next week for further decision on margin but feel really down… Had a really good cry when left hospital and have been coping well. Anyone with a similar diagnosis ??

Love Louise xxxx

Hi Louise

I’m so sorry the results were not as good as they might have been. I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the second opinion and that it is good news.

Take care.

Mary

Hi Louise

I’m sorry to read you are struggling with your results.  As well as the support you receive here you might find it helpful to talk things through with a memeber of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your feelings and cocnerns with someone who will offer you emotional support as well as practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 600.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hello Louise,
Wanted to send you a big HUG during this stressful time for you.
I am sorry your pathology results confirmed a more upsetting diagnosis. Fingers crossed the surgeon did get clear margins and you do not need another operation.
Not at all surprised that you feel down and deflated. It is a natural reaction when having to cope with difficult circumstances and devastating news.
Be kind to yourself and if you feel like a good cry…do it. It is the best way to release tension.
Good luck next week.
Peace and Positivity,
M

Thanks for all the responses. I’ve had a minor breakdown this morning, cried and cried but surprisingly I feel better for it. I havent cried for a few weeks so maybe a build up.

Thanks everyone xx

Hi Louise,

Your results have obviously shaken you. We talk of this journey we are on don’t we, the bummer is that we don’t know where it will take us.  Try and take some control back by thinking of the positives, ie her neg, oestrogen pos, not all lymph nodes affected, and not least that it is being sorted and you are in safe hands.  This still won’t stop you journeying through those dark places as what you are going through now is probably one of the most emotional parts of the whole lot - but it will help you get through to next week.  Sending lots of love. Jackie xx