cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on my brain

11 REPLIES 11
celeste

Re: on my brain

Hi mojomac - I'm a spine and lymph node mets bod Glad they have found you can have surgery. I do hope things go well. Let us know how you get on, if you'd like to and take good care.

holly56

Well thats some good news and the fact that you can have surgery is also good. My sister could have had surgery but because she has some lung involvement they are trying rads and chemo for now. She is at the hospital now being measured for her mask. Good luck for your surgery and look forward to hearing how you progress.......hopefully very well!!! x

mojomac

thanks a lot to you all for the replys .just had good news that no further spread and will benefit from surgery (in about two weeks ) ill keep u posted and many thanks again lots of love to you all xxxxx

SunnyBear78

Hi Mojomac,

My Mum was diagnosed with secondaries in her brain in November 08. I understand completely how scared and anxious you must be. We were all devastated with the news. Mum also has secondaries in her lung and bone (bone was the one they found first) but the brain ones seemed to be the scariest of all. She was put on steroids immediately and her symptoms seemed to improve straight away. She then had 10 days of radiotherapy before Christmas and started chemo last week. She's having Taxol and Avastin and Zometa (for her bones).

Probably nothing can help how you feel at the moment but I hope the scan went OK and that the results bring good news. If the worst does happen you can at least guarantee plenty of great support on here.

Best wishes, SunnyBear x

LottieLemon

Hi Mojomac,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have had bone and liver mets diagnosed just over 2 years ago and recently had a MRI brain scan that showed I have mets in the meningeal layer around brain. No sign of it in spinal fluid though. The symptoms were sickness and weight loss.

At the moment I am continuing with my Xeloda treatment which seems to be keeping things under control. The nausea has improved. There is an option of chemo specifically targeted at spinal fluid, I am trying to put that off if Xeloda works....

I hope your scan gives good results,

Best wishes

gemini

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I have brain mets and had surgery, radiotherapy by gamma knife and chemotherapy and herceptin. I also have liver mets so continue with herceptin now that chemotherapy is over ( for the moment ). I only ever had headaches and sickness thankfully from my brain mets and these symptoms stopped as soon as I started taking steroids. I managed to stop the steroids quite a few months ago which was good. I hope you get good results from your scan today.

Best wishes, Gemini

ripley

Good luck today, mojojan. I am really sorry to hear about your progression. I am a liver and lungs girl myself so can't offer any advice, but whilst researching my current chemo (Xeloda) I did stumble across some success stories for brain mets. I am sure that you will get some encouragement from others soon.

At the moment you've got a lot on your plate emotionally just trying to deal with the shock and getting yourself through this diagnostic stage, which is terrifying, until a treatment plan can be drawn up. Personally, I felt a lot better once I knew what the action plan was and started my treatment. At the time my oncologist suggested that I did not start googling for information (was dx with bc & liver & lung mets in one hit). He appreciated that it was hard to summon up any optimism when you get diagnosed with mets, but reminded me that every case is different and they do not know how anybody will respond to treatment, so not to focus on averages and general data that's out there. I think it was sound advice for me at that particular point in time.

Fingers crossed for you.

xxx

jantharra

Hi mojomac, I am really sorry to read you have had spread to the brain and do hope it hasn't gone anywhere else and your scan comes back good. I don't have this personally, but there are a few threads about brain mets and there also seems to be some good stories on the control of them which I hope will help you.

Take care
Nikki

zena27

HI
Sorry to hear your concerns and I hope ur scan is good news. was diagnosed in nov 08 with secondaries which was a shock but I really feel for u today and know how u feel waiting for the results

big hugs
Lisa x

Fletchjet

Hi
I think there are a number of threads which cover this and from those that I have read there are a number of treatment options. My own is still local regional spread and I often worry about every headache twinge etc. Hope all goes well this afternoon - please let us know how you get on. I would say try not to worry but I know we all do everytime we go through these loops. Take care big hugs and luck

Regards
Helen

Anthi

Hello Mojomac

I haven't got secondaries but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and am thinking of you. Very good luck with the scan.

Love Anthi x

mojomac

on my brain

hi all is anyone out there with a secondary breast cancer which has gone to the brain ..just found out and go for a scan today to see if its spread any where else ..god its soooo scary id be thankfull for any replys love to you all xxx