328034posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oncologist today

21 REPLIES 21

Re: oncologist today

Hi, just to reiterate - I'm the same - brave face fir my husband, family and friends one day - sobbing my heart out and racked with fear and anxiety the next....i feel it is probably par for the course with this journey...it is one shock, scary moment and mind adjustment after another. But you know what, we DO get through it. Hugs to all my fellow bc forum companions xx

I've had the tears and the heartburn too, I can cry at the drop of a hat and that's just not like me. It's such a horrible alien situation we are in. Big hugs to us all xxxx

Hi nel . I cry some nights too . I would go back to breast care team and ask all your questions until you have the necessary reassurance re your nodes . Then hopefully you can prepare for the chemo phase . X

Hi Nel, I am sorry to read,that you are so worried, along with the support you have found here our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support,for,you. Please feel free to call 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Nel. Sorry to hear about the tears, I'm exactly the same. One minute I'm fine next I'm sobbing. I try to put on a brave face so I don't give extra worries to my family. It's good to cry, we are all going through a scarey time and nobody can really understand. Have you tried chewing Rennie mint soft chews? I find they work in minutes. Stay strong we have a way to go yet but we are in it together x
Highlighted
Nel

Hi all been crying a lot since being told that my cancer is grade 3. So worried that it has spread elsewhere. I had two nodes taken one clear and 2 small tumours in the other hence the chemo. Should I have asked for more nodes to be removed. My head is bursting am not sleeping and have constant reoccurring heart burn even although I am on Lasiniprol

Hi nel I have a provisional date of 24th for my chemo to start so will be going thru it at a similar time to you x

Hi dollie, fingers and toes crossed for you that you don't have to go down the chemo route. I'm still undecided and it's doing my head in. Let us know once you do xxx

Got my results today. Was originally told one 9mm lump grade 2 invasive. In fact had one lump grade 2 20mm invasive and one 3mm grade 1 invasive. Still waiting to find out whether 2nd lump is her recept. If yes - chemo if no radiotherapy and meds. Exhausted !!!!

Hi murphy no I didn't go private but I'm being treated at the Christie don't know if that makes any difference . Good luck with your dilemma my attitude was that my cancer seemed aggressive quick and determined and that is how I had to be to try to kill it off . ! X

Hi debtex, I have asked about the onco dx text but have been told I couldn't be accepted onto the trial because it has been pulled in the last few weeks. I notice you had your op a few weeks before me so you were either lucky enough to have got on the trial before it was stopped or you got the test privately. Whatever way it's not available for me (just my luck).

I would definitely go with chemo if I were presented with the figures you were given. I have to decide by Tuesday, the way I'm thinking and swapping and changing my mind, I'll be drawing the answer from a hat!!! Best of luck and love xxx

Also murphy my lump was larger than yrs so maybe that raises the likely hood of chemo for me ? Everyone I have told so far has said good call but they are not the ones having chemo ! X

Hi murphy yes it's a hard call . At first I thought 15 percent was not a particularly high risk but the registrar had spoken with the head onco who advised to have it . I don't want to have regrets in the future and want to feel like I have done everything I can to get rid of the bloody thing ! Can u request the onco dx ? Good luck with your decision x

Hi debtex, thank you for letting us know how yesterday went. I was unfortunately not offered the oncotype dx test, my onc used the predict tool which is basically only putting in general info and getting a general calculation. Your test was obviously more detailed and more personal to you and i certainly would go ahead with chemo based on the figures you were given. Apart from the lump size our situation seems to be the same so for my decision re chemo I am still so undecided. If I put your details into the predict tool it gives me almost the same figures as I was given from the onc, it's only giving us a 2% benefit. Best of luck with your treatment deb and keep in touch, let us know how you are doing xxxx

Ok had appointment with onco . Grade 3 no lymph nodes clear margins 1.65 cm tumour . Oestrogen receptive / her2 neg . Had onco type dx test which indicates that I have a 15 percent chance of it coming back without chemo reducing to a better than 6 percent chance with chemo . . I want to fight it while I still have a good chance so I'm having chemo although it's a hard call

Hi nel, can I ask if you have node involvement?

Angle, can I ask if you were offered chemo? Did you decide not to go with it?

Debtex, so looking forward to hearing what they say to you today. Basically they said overall only 2% benefit to having chemo when taking into account the 1% risk of heart disease and1% risk of leukaemia because of chemo. One minute I think it's too low a % benefit to go through all this! the next minute I think it's still a benefit and what if there's still a totty tiny cell still lurking, the chemo would get it. Please let me know how you get on xx

Dollie, they basically give me the facts and figures and and said it was my personal choice, there was no right or wrong answer. My head is a mess and I haven't a clue. I tried to draw them on what they would do in my situation but they wouldn't say. I have to go back Tuesday and let them know. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, please let me know how you go as we seem to be very similar xxx

I get my results tomorrow. I also had 9mm no nodes affected. Was originally told grade 2. Did you get advice on how to decide whether to have chemo or not? Chemo is my biggest fear but obviously if it'll save my life it's a no brainier, but if it was up to me to decide I'm not sure I could bring myself to make that decision

Hi murphy did u get any odds or percentages re the chemo ? I am similar to u I'm getting my results later

Hi, had WLE and SNB on 20 august. Was told at my results last week my lump was 9mm hormone pos, Her2 neg, clear margins, no node involvement but grade 3. I met with oncologist today to discuss treatment plan. Defo be having 19 days radiotherapy, 5 years tamoxifen and 5 years letrozole, however my decision if I wanted chemo. I have to go back next tues with my decision. I have a worrying week ahead of me.

Know how you feel as I'm dx grade 3' TNBC with nodes involved. Like you I'm going to have chemo EC accelerated then removal then rads. My chemo starts next week. I have underarm pain now and am unsure is this is the norm with BC?

Good luck with your treatment.

Hi Nel

I obviously dont know your full details for your BC but I had Grade 3 BC but I didnt have chemo just radiotherapy and Anistrozole. Hope it goes well today and I will be thinking about you. Please let us know how you get on.

Take Care

Angie. X

Nel

oncologist today

Hi All saw the oncology registrar today. Told me I have Stage 3 Cancer. This after having an appointment with my surgeon on the 21st of August who told me my cancer was Stage Two. So chemo for me. I have to have a Mugga Scan in 16th September and if the result is ok them my Chemo starts on 24th September.  Bit scared but 6 treatments over 18 weeks and 19 radiotherapy sessions (to my neck, underarm and breast) will be worth it to get rid of this aweful thing