oncotype test

hi, has anyone had experience of the oncotype test?

Hi Rachel and welcome to the BCC forums

Whilst you await replies here’s a link to the BCC information about the oncotype test which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/oncotype-dx

Our helpliners are on hand with support too on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open during the week 9-5 and Sat 10-2 so please feel free to call

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Rachelx.  This is my very first posting!  I have been reading lots.  Anyway, yes, I recently had the Oncotype DX Assay and very glad I did.  It was felt that lumpectomy and rads would be fine for me but my tiny tumour came back from pathology a grade 3 but as everything had been caught early there was a question mark as to whether chemotherapy would have any benefit.  If you meet the criteria and have the opportunity to have the Oncotype DX test then don’t hesitate!  

Wishing you all good things!

Annie x

Hi Annie, my first post too! Am so confused at the moment. Similar diagnosis myself and had lumpectomy but not feeling confident about the test. Strange i know but if it came back low i still think i would worry. So stressed and upset. Hope you ok x