op over

op over

op over Hi all
well had op on 13th wle and ans sbx I do hope this is it ,am not very good with aneasthetic
was very sick afterwards
also couldn’t wake up was in recovery for 3hours before they brought me back to ward feeling bit sore and nauseas still, but hopefully that will pass
I thought I was dealing with this fairly well, but all of a sudden I feel so emotional,and can’t stop crying ,which i’m sure will pass, I go back for my results 25th sept so keep fingers crossed for me
best wishes to you all
liz

Thinking of you Hi Liz
I hope all goes well with your results - it’s such a rollercoaster of emotions, it’s no suprise that you are feeling so emotional. We have to just try & take one step at a time.
I am just waiting to go in for my 2nd WLE after not clearing the margins - I suspect that I will have no choice but have a masectomy, as they highly recommended this. however I just can’t make that leap and am willing to try and see if they can clear it - booked in for 26th.

Just to let you know you are not alone - & not be too hard on yourself. I’ve been a mess these last few weeks with waiting for each step to be the last.

Take care
Felicity

for felicity Hi Felicity
for your kind words ,
I hope all goes well with you when you next have wle, and you get the clear margins.
Spoke to my surgeon before op and she has told me if no clear margins this time then will need to talk about more surgery ,she didn’t exactly say but I knew what she meant.I think after 2 surgeries in such a short time, it gets to you , but am going to try and put it away for now until I go back for results next week.
thanks again take care love liz
good luck for 26th

home again …more or less in one piece…i have to say that the pain was unbelievable and i intend to give them some feedback about it, but overall i’m really pleased with the results. i had a skin-sparing mastectomy so the boob still looks much the same, if a bit battered…for some reason it was the thought of losing the nipple that upset me the most, and i’ve been spared that. i lost a lot of blood and ended up in HDU overnight which gave my partner a terrible fright…but considering the complexity of the op i think i’ve come through it quite well. my Mum died at the end of March and just before i went into hospital her house sold!..so i’ve a lot of organising to do in the next few weeks…no lifting though!..so my message is, a mastectomy is not the end of the world, i did feel very sad the weekend before going in, and burst into tears on the trolley waiting to go into theatre, but the boob will be good as new once the swelling and bruising goes!

catkin19 so pleased to hear your home and op went went well and glad your pleased with results
don’t overdo it though will you
when do you have to go back to hosp?
take it easy rest as much as you can .
love
liz

Look after yourself Glad to hear you are through the op & on the mend. Look after yourself well & give yourself lots of time & love to heal.
Felicity

back to OPD on the 26th…occasional attacks of fear and terror as in, what if they’ve found something else? etc…but overall very relieved to have it over. usual post-op/discharge “bounce” where you feel great so run about doing things (yesterday) followed by day of feeling exhausted and weepy. i set off into town today to get myself a bus pass because of course i can’t drive, got soaked in the rain and had to come home and go back to bed, accompanied by pair of delighted cats. but that’s OK, i didn’t sleep well last night because of a terrible headache that wouldn’t go away even with the painkillers, and i feel much better for a sleep…just have to learn to be sensible…

catkin19 hi there
know what you mean can’t wait until25th for results but dreading it at the same time, not sure I should prepare myself for the worst or just keep on hoping will be ok this time ,
seem to be in a lot more pain this time esp underarm keep taking painkillers as you do hope it eases soon
Yes its not much fun when you have to rely on public transport or to rely on someone else
but we will get there in the end, it gets a bit boring resting all the time, I feel like doing things in the house, yet when you do you wear yourself out ,as you say be sensible.
you take care liz

op over wle and lymph node removal Hi went in for my wle and lymph node removal on monday 18th. had to stay in hospital 5 days as I was out of borough for nurses to visit and change drain. the lymph fluid was enormous and had drain in for 7 days. eventually went to my mother in laws for 2 days and have finally come home today. I have had wle and lymph node removal as originally diagnosed with intermediate DCIS with tiny focus invasive. going back to hospital on 5th oct for results and meet oncology team on 11th oct. the breast care nurse mentioned they may want me to have chemo as I am young at 38, will have to wait and see. glad to be home. all abit daunting when i wake in the morning and you remember what is going on. my two kids seem to be keeping me busy but no lifting… they are 3 and 5. has anyone else had similar diagnosis? hope the results are positive on 5th!
bye for now
bakers…