cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

op tommorow so scared

8 REPLIES 8
jillybee

Re: op tommorow so scared

I was totally petrified before my first op.This was a few years ago,and was admitted the night before.I then went home for the night!! Drank red wine to help me sleep.The following day,had my WLE,and never looked back.It was fine,as was I.Since then have had another 11ops on breasts.
Nothing we can say will alleviate that horrible feeling,but,you will wake up feeling fine.
Let us know how you get on.Gentle hugs.
June_BCC

Hello Jinny2611

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this, maybe you could call our free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff.  They are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June. moderator

jinny2611

Had my op never been so frightened of anything in my life anxiety and panic attacks are worse than ever all the waiting scared bout chemo just so scared of everything

Kalo

Hope you get some sleep tonight and will be thinking of you for tomorrow.
Carole x
chillipink

Just think tomorrow my cancer will be gone ,focus on that not the fact you will come back with one breast.getting rid of the cancer is more important.good luck for tomorrow.
Horseslave

Bless you. You will be fine. Throw that cancer in the bin. Xx
Jenny065

Just sending you  loads of Huggles( that is my little grandsons special word) and we will all be here for you after your op. there is nothing wrong in being scared  and frightened. I was terrible when I went back 5 weeks ago for reduction to good side. just take everything slowly and gently. and chat to your Breast Care Nurse, mine is the best.

Jenny xx

story_so_far

I know how hard it is going to be sleeping, if any, but think about the fact the blighter will be gone and you will be able to look forward to the next day.  Im nearly 2 years past now and having reduction to match other one. There may be hope for us all, if we keep going strong for each other 

jinny2611

op tommorow so scared

My op is tommorow first on list so scared and frightened of having to go through all this and then looking at the breast which will be gone im like im living in a bubble how am i going to get through tonight?