75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operation on 22nd starting to get worried now . should i be ?

16 REPLIES 16

Re: operation on 22nd starting to get worried now . should i be ?

It is was very unreal yesterday he sat in room for 45 mins goin through everything telling me I did not need ought accept tablets and injections then changed after been out of room x put me on edge a little I be honest bu as long as I get right treatment plan then I will be ok x

Hi Stedie ,It,s such a worry when you don't know whats going on isn't it ,every day seems like a week !i really feel for you ,But as we know every treatment they do they are doing their best to make you well.You come across as such a strong and positive person to me ,and i really wish you well .My op is still on for 13th May at the hospital i wanted to go to and the Surgeon i wanted ,so i am really trying to be hopeful and try to look forward .Ellies x

'

Hi Stedie,

Try not to worry. I begin my chemo on 29th April, but the plan could change at the last moment, as they are still waiting on my HER2 result and also the outcome of a bone scan I am having tomorrow. I am a bit twitchy about the HER2 result as everyone else on here seemed to have that result the same time as all the others, but there appears to be a delay with mine.

Good Luck xx Ruth xx

Hi went for results oncologist wants me on tablets and also injection a month to lower esteogen he said no need for ought else but within five mins he went out of room come back in and said all changed we going discuss your results further on Wednesday and send your tumour for more testing and to go back again next tues x not sure what happened within that five mins but been left uncertain as to what going on x so another week to wait

Hi Stedie,good luck for tommorow ,can you let me know how you get on please,i'll be thinking of you xEllies

Hi had double mascetomy three weeks today x sore but going ok x get my treatment plan tom and into next step xx please let me know how you oh tom x

Hi Stedie,yes i am going to ring her tommorow and as i have been thinking about nothing else all this long bank holiday weekend,i now think that i would  go anywhere to have this operation as long as it's a Breast Surgeon and not a General Surgeon that does the op.Hope all is going well with you .have you had your operation yet or are you still waiting?xEllies

Hi sorry to hear hat they are now wantin to do elsewhere x I also worried about it spreading but was advise it would not in that amount of time x I did not get how hey would know that . I would call your cancer nurse on Tuesday after bank holiday and advise hen you worried and need a date to put our mind at rest it does seem they have us waiting around and I don't believe his a good idea when our minds racing anyway x. I hope you get his sorted soon x

Hi ,I was given my treatment plan on 26th March ,but my tumour (invasive ductal carcimona 19mm)and sentinal lymph nodes biopsy operation could not be until13th April at the one stop breast unit that i had been attending ,i feel very confident with the unit and the Surgeon so i decided to wait ,rather than go to a large local hospital that i have no confidence in .When i went for  my pre op assessment ,i was told by the Doctor who was standing in for the aneasthetist that they may not be able to do it  at the unit i have been waiting to go to  as i have Atrial Fibrillation( well controlled by medication),and very occasional sleep apnea  i have got to wait until it has been decided where i will have my op done and also when.I am so worried about my cancer spreading and growing as every day goes by.I had 42 days to wait and i count down every day i am now down to 21 days ,but if i have to go on another waiting list at this other hospital i have no idea how long this may be ,surely this is not right !Sorry to ramble on but i an at my wits end.Ellies 

Spoiler
Smiley Sad

Hi Angel, I had my op last Tuesday and am recovering well. Cant believe its already Sunday. I was worried about the op because although I have had a general anaesthetic before it was over 20 years ago. But honestly I needn't of worried it wasn't anything like as bad as I thought. I had to wait until almost 4pm to go to theatre so it was a long day but the nurses were brilliant and checked on me regularly and kept me informed. My husband was also able to stay with me until I went to theatre which was great. Before I knew it I was out and then waking up in recovery...it was at this point I felt a bit emotional because yay it was over. I was home by 9.30 pm and in bed by 10. The worst bit honestly was the hunger cause I hadn't eaten all day I was starving...but a small price to pay. You will be OK, it normal to be apprehensive. Stay strong and I wish you all the very best for tuesday. Keep us informed how you get on. Xxx

thankyou donna . you have put my mind at rest a bit 🙂 will be glad when im home again and its all over with and then on to the next stage x

Hi ANGEL

so glad you are positive

I'm a nurse....was ward sister on surgical ward. Please don't be scared....it is all very calm........ please ask for something for nerves if you want it.........you will have your observations taken when you arrive,,,,,,,, you should see your surgeon and anaethetist prior to surgery......... but may not if you have attended preop clerking

The nurses will keep you calm .....iand stay with you right up to when you have the anaesthetic........ its just like drifting to sleep.....and next thing you know you will be in recovery.......you will be given pain relief in theatre and if you need more in recovery.....not that you should need any more.

You will need to pee before you go home if a day case.........

You will be given analgesia to take home....... and start your exercises as soon as possible......... drink plenty

And most important report anything you are worried about.

I had a swishing sound coming frommy breast when I moved..... it was serous fluid which reabsorbed over the week..........and no pain....more slight discomfort but I didn't need any analgesia

Good luck....you will be fine xx

thankyou donna thats really nice of you . i think im more worried because ive never had an operation before . i know i have to do it to get rid of this unwanted lump so thats what im thinking about . theres so many people of here willing to help and share there storys and its made me more positive to do this for my self x

Happy Easter Sunday ladies........

I know the thought of the operation is scary....but just focus on the cancer being taken out and the begining of your journey to your cure

It is natural to be scared....and its natural to be numb and not scared.....we are all different

When in the hospital tell the nurses you are anxious and they will give you something to help relax you.

You will know if you are in for the day or overnight........

The one thing I would say is ensure you do the exercises they show you to perform post op as often as possible....... you want the same movement you had prior to the operation.

I wish you all well for your operation........Had mine in February....and now on my chemotherapy 2nd course.....the time flies by.

Now is the time to concentrate on you ....and focus on getting through all of this.

Please Remember this is your journey.......you are different to everyone else ....so only focus on the positive stories........and the ladies on here will support you along with your team....we all have tips on how we managed  side effects etc.........

Take care all of you ....and good luck xxxxxx Donna ...

thanks blue23 . i will pm you on wednesday maybe .. hope yours goes well too xx

MIne too on 22nd and am trying not to worry too much. We can't do anything about it and it needs to be done. I am sure we will both be relieved Tuesday evening that  the lump has gone ! Then we will start worrying about results after that. It seems like it's all  a constant worry !!

operation on 22nd starting to get worried now . should i be ?

its finally coming close to my operation date ,,ive waited 3 weeks and seems like 3 months lol . is it normal to worry .i think its a fear of the unknown x