opherectomy

opherectomy

opherectomy Hi Girls

I know this topic has been covered before but just wanted to reassure anybody thinking about Oopherectomy. I have a high risk family history of breast and ovarian and have had mastectomy myself. My tumour was 100% oestrogen positive and I have been having Zoladex. Waiting for BRCA test to come back but decided to go ahead anyway. Had the op yesterday. Am very tired and have lots of trapped wind pain - they blow up your tummy with carbon dioxide - but despite being terrified of yet another op, it really wasn’t that bad and i came home last night so only a few hours in hospital.

I would say to anyone in my positive, go ahead, its a huge weight off my mind knowing no more Zoladex, virtually no chance of ovarian cancer, a huge benefit in terms of not having a recurrence and being able to go on to AI’s. Good Luck!

Hi Gracet -I had laproscopic oopherectomy and assisted hysterectomy on 1st March. I had very little post-op pain and could carry on as normal on discharge (overnight stay for me because of the hysterectomy) -but feel bloomin’ wonderful to be rid of potential trouble! -wish I could feel so confident about the BC!!
Cherry