71.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pacemaker problems after mammogram/surgery???

1 REPLY 1
Lucy_BCC

Re: pacemaker problems after mammogram/surgery???

Hi Jackie

Feel free to call our helpliners to see if they know of any other people who have undergone breast surgery with pacemakers, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

pacemaker problems after mammogram/surgery???

Hi everyone, I'm recovering from lumpectomy (about 2 weeks ago) and have a pacemaker (which I've had for about 7 years- since I was 33). After my surgery the anaesthetist said my heart rate had dropped to 47 bpm during the op and my pacemaker had not kicked in, I was sure it is programmed to kick in at 50bpm. I should say that my pacemaker is on the opposite side to my surgery- and I recently had the batteries checked! I've also been very tired and occasionally dizzy- but of course I'm still recovering from the surgery etc so that could be due to that.
Obviously I'll now go and have this checked out but I wondered if there are any other ladies out there who have had mammograms with a pacemaker- it was very uncomfortable and I worry that maybe some wires were dislodged during the process (my pacemaker is actually placed underneath my breast tissue for cosmetic reasons).
Jackie