pain in reconstructed breast 8 years after op.

I had left side mastectomy with immediate recon using lat dorsi & implant in 06. Yesterday out of nowhere I had the most excruciating pain in my left breast/chest. It went off after a few mins but that breast feels really weird now. I’ve not had any sensation in that breast to date & can’t understand why it hurt yesterday& why I can feel that it feels odd now. I noticed last night a flat spot on top & this morning an odd dell when I put my bra on. Not sure what to do or am I panicking over nothing?

Dear DawnH

You might find it helpful to talk this over with one of our helpliners.  They’ll be open again tomorrow morning (9-5 weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays).  They’ll be able to offer you practical information and emotional support.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Check for a rupture! You can get a fast referral for an ultrasound to confirm. I’ve had 2 ruptures now (both breasts!) but once it’s confirmed you can get into surgery pdq & have it replaced. If it’s not a rupture an ultrasound will confirm if the implant is damaged or if something else has happened.

Hope you get it sorted!