painful breast still after 2 weeks since lumpectomy .normal ?

hi all .its 2 weeks today since i had my lumpectomy and im in more pain now than i was then . so painful when i even touch my breast ,painful with even a bra on :frowning: i never had this pain before so im getting a bit concerned … has anybody else had this before ? i get my results tomorrow so i will mention it but just wondered if anyone was feeling the same … also still not sleeping well with the pain xxx

Hi Angel

That doesn’t sound right, perhaps you have an infection.   I was able to drive at 2 weeks after my op - I can remember it was very tender at 2 weeks but was much better than the first week.

Good luck with your results tomorrow and you definately need to tell them about the pain or go and see your dr today.

Jaye x

Hi Angel

I had hardly any pain after WLE then after a week it started to hurt and seemed to me to be a little warm. 

By day ten I woke up in agony, shaking and had an infection, if I had went and saw someone when I first noticed it I would have been given antibiotics,  but because I didn’t I had another op to clear out an abscess. 

You should be getting better not worse. 

Get them to check you out today,

take care

Keeks

I got 2 hospital bugs and was in horrific pain. I was unlucky but what made it worse was I have a severe problem with antibiotics. Please go back to the breast clinic, ring tomorrow morning and get an appointment and get it checked and if it is infection, get antibiotics and fingers crossed you’ll be fine in a week or so. Hopefully you won’t be in my position, I had to carry a pump round for weeks to suck out the infection and chemo was delayed twice. I was literally within 2 days of the window where you gave to start chemo after you’re op. Good luck, but make that call, that’s what they are there for xx