cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partial prosthesis

2 REPLIES 2
supertrouper

Re: partial prosthesis

Hi Jennywren - I have a shell prosthesis which covers my smaller boob. They will have a selection of solutions for you to try. Make sure you wear a normal bra and a light coloured t-shirt so that you can see how it looks under clothing.

Jo_BCC

Re: partial prosthesis

Hi Jennywren61

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, I have put for you below links to some of BCC's publications you might find helpful. Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/confident-choice-breast-pros...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

jennywren61

partial prosthesis

Hi, I'm new to the forum, nearly one year on from end of treatment (wide local excision then radiotherapy) and now on letrozole. I have had an issue with soreness due to my bra rubbing on the side of my smaller breast and asked my breast cancer care nurse if a partial prosthesis would help. I have an appointment for a prosthesis fitting soon but I'm confused by the information I've found so far. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect or how useful such a prosthesis might be?