Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plastic surgeons, north west

8 REPLIES 8
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: plastic surgeons, north west

I am under My Byrne, a colleague of Mr Bailldon's and he is absolutely fantastic.
Wythenshawe Hospital by the way

linros

Hi Rosie

I am lucky enough to be under Mr Baildam, he is a Consultant Oncoplastic surgeon and also a Breast surgeon,
he did my Mastectomy at the Christie, and if i decide to go for a reconsturction, i wouldnt hesitate to have him
for it, i wouldnt even shop around, as i have been informed he is in much demand and is one of the best in
the country.
I have had many follow-up appointments with him and he such a lovely man.

Julie x

ForumMember

Hi Rosie - Chorley surgeon is a breast surgeon not a plastic surgeon. The ladies i know who have had him have been very pleased with result and he has such a lovely manner. I had Mr George at Chorley and very pleased with my result although I have found it very uncomfortable since op a year last June. I have been told it takes time so I am being patient. Others have no problem with theirs.

Good luck

Liz xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rosie,

I have just had my operation with the surgeon in Wythenshawe. I had a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with expanders due to being a BRCA1 mutant. He is very good and is very widely respected and is based at the Nightingale Centre at Wythenshawe and at Christies Hospital where I had my op.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Cathy x

rosebud454

Rosebud 454
Thanks girls, didn't realise I shouldn't mention names.
Anymore comments would be great.
Rosie x

Guest user
Not applicable

I had mine done by Mrs Ooi at Royal Bolton hosp and I can't fault her in any way, she is an excellent surgeon, you can talk to her as you would a friend - she doesn't talk down to you like some consultants do and she has a fantastic bedside manner. She genuinely cares about her patients.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rosie. Without mentioning any names the surgeon ithat you menitioned in Chorley is really good, I have had my reconstruction done with him and he9s terrific. Chorley is a centre of excellence for Breast care and is worht visiting.

Redlou

Guest user
Not applicable

Any minute now your post will disappear due to mentioning names!

rosebud454

plastic surgeons, north west

Rosebud 454
Hi ladies, Can anyone out there offer me advice on plastic surgeons in the northwest. I have seen an oncoplastic surgeon at Whythenshawe, a Mr. A Baildam, but I never see him mentioned in any threads. Do any of you have experience of surgery with him. I have also heard a Mrs Ooi (prob wrong spelling) from Bolton, a Miss Wall (from Bury) and a Mr. Boland (Chorley) are good.
Any comments most welcome, as it is such a big decision.
Mr. Baildam recommended ld with implant.
Thanks ladies,
Rosie x