platlets low anyone ????

HI everyone can someone please help was told today couldnt have 2nd chemo because platlets were to low mine were 55 and they are ment to be 100 so am feeling worried .
Can anyone shed some light as feeling very upset xx josie

Hi Josie
you need platelets to make blood clots - chemo can affect your production of platelets but you should recover quickly - have they booked you in for another blood test soon?

In the meantime - eat healthily (proteins, fruit & veg) and get plenty of rest.

Sue

Hi Josie, I had Tax 6 chemo, my chemo was delayed 3 times due to low platelets, mine got down to 33 on the last one ! I was also on Carboplatin and was told that was lowering them too.
They do recover very quickly so try not to stress about it.
Good Luck.

HI tillyboob thanks for getting back , im having 6xfec but a bit worried as only had one but my famiy have made me stay in bed today and get some rest as have been doing so much when had first chemo and just found myself saying yes to everyone and everything , the only thing is i feel like i should be doing things its so hard .
good luck to everyone having results before xmas xx josie1

Hi josie
I had low platelets + a delayed treatment whilst on carboplatin earlier this year. Had noticed lots of little bruises on my arms+ legs so wasn’t overly surprised. Try not to worry + get plenty of rest readyfor next wk.
Take care x

Hi - Ive got low platelets on Carbo too. They will treat me if the levels are over 75 and they were 74!! So i asked them to redo the bloods and they went up to 85, so they treated me!! The only thing ive been told is drink lots and rest! Ive also had my chemo reduced by 20% - but it is still working! Is this an option for you?

Sadie Xx Xx

Evening Josie-- don’t forget chemo knocks out your good cells as well as the fast growing cancer cells. The good the slow growing “good” cells will recover but it can take time. It shows the chemo is doing what it is meant to do. You might want to contact the Helpline on Monday to talk things over with them…if only to put your mind at ease.
I hope all goes well
Cackles xx